Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third time asking. Someone please answer! Sorry to ask again..but since I mainly would use this for recording purposes..is there anything different about the microphones (types, placement..) in the Ultra 2 than the Ultra? I assume this is where Redwirez may come into play.

Thanks

Dan

Same mic models as before. We recommend buying the Redwirez if you really want variety with type, placement, etc.

I heard something about variable slope filters - what are the slope options? Would be nice to get anything from 6dB/oct up to at least 24. And does this apply to all the filters, or only in certain places?

2nd order or 4th order. So 12 or 24dB/oct in the filter block.

The delay has 12, 24, 36, 48dB/oct

2nd order or 4th order. So 12 or 24dB/oct in the filter block.

The delay has 12, 24, 36, 48dB/oct

Cool, thanks Sean. I'd like to have first order (for emulating passive circuitry), but the parallel-shunt trick will still work, and getting 4th order filter blocks is more valuable anyway.

Last edited:
Sorry if this already has been answered somewhere thru these 47 pages... (if so please link it or mention which page I should look up!)

Modifiers: how many?

Envelope followers/ADSRs aviable at any input? And/or even possible to place anywhere in the grid (or will be in future)?

Pitch Shifters/harmonizers: any control over voices via CC or notenumbers?

Sorry to re-post, but couldn´t see any answers...

Here's one that no one asked:

On the first Axe Fx the majority of it's users needed a never ending learnning curve
to really nail the tone of a real amp and it didnt always sounded 100% there for alot of people.

To me it seemed like I'm going for a tweaker life style and that I'll deal with editing daily instead of playing - that's why I bought my uberschall instead.

Now my question is - does the modeling in II sounds that good, and is that advanced, that if I just simply load an amp and a cab it would right away sound organic and would nail the amp's tone?

I would like to know too.

Is is possible to save a block's setting to any Global Effect slot you want without already being in that global effect slot?

In other words, can I load up, say, an amp block, tweak around for a minute, then save that amp block to Global Amp 4 without already being in Global Amp 4?

Will it be possible to configure a Global Amp without having to already be in the Global Setting you want to save to? In other words, can you make an amp block and just start turning knobs, then think to yourself "hmm, I like what I'm hearing, I think I'll save this as Global Amp 4!" and then be able to save that amp block's current settings to Global Amp 4 without already being in Global Amp 4?

Or does the old method still apply where you just write down all the settings with a pen and paper, then you manually enter them after you're done copying them down?
Bumping, as I didn't see an answer to this.

Also... are there still only 10 Global Amps? I would really find it useful to have this expanded. I could easily fill and use 20-30 Global Amp slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom