Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the same as before. You can get close to a lot of the POG sounds (I used that on the Ultra this weekend) using the Poly Local mode of the pitch shifter. HOG is a different beast.

I have played around with that and do have a preset or two with it to emulate an organ, but sometimes it can get a little warbly sounding.

I'm not sure about this, but it seemed to me that when I start eating up more CPU the Pitch Shifter gets warblier... almost like it automatically scales back the pitch detection algorithm to avoid overloading the CPU, but in the process it starts to sound worse.

Exactly!!!!! And this demanded the next product and i hope you know that: X/Y feature with the engaged power of the Axe-II for more FX blocks per preset enables REALLY BIG VIRTUAL PEDALBOARDS! So, you will be asked in the nearest future for an expansion of the MFC (more switches!). And this needed an RJ45 in (coming frome the Axe) and thru jack (going to the MFC-101). Hope the Axe-II will serve enough "phantom power" for both units :roll

Easily. I overspec'd the 12V rail on the power supply for just that reason.

How about oscillating delay effect? Can it be done without adding send /return blocks now?

f8945e0c5ef0033084cbb49e5b3d4a3b.png

I heard something about variable slope filters - what are the slope options? Would be nice to get anything from 6dB/oct up to at least 24. And does this apply to all the filters, or only in certain places?

The idea behind X/Y is that people often have multiple distortion/chorus/delay/etc. pedals on their board but they rarely have more than one on at a time. So rather than creating more instances of effects, which sucks up CPU, have each instance capable of more than one sound.

Earlier you mentioned that X/Y would correspond to red/green on the MFC. How would we set up to activate/bypass an effect then be able to switch between X and Y? Would that require using 2 switches on the MFC? If not - if we can do it with one - how will we know if the effect is present and active or bypassed and whether x or y is active?

Perhaps an active Y state could be blinking Green, with the active X state is solid green.
Imagiine a bunch of blinking Green MFC-101 LEDs in your face on a dark stage !!!!!!!!

Even better - allow the MFC-101 to do the following: Using the same switch: CC X on the first step, CC Y on the second step within 2 seconds
or
CC Y if you hold down the switch for more than a second

Last edited:
The 1/4" outputs have a "remote ground sense" feature. You take a TRS cable and on one end you put a TRS plug and on the other end you put a regular TS plug. On the TS end you tie the ring conductor to ground. Plug the TRS end into the Axe-Fx II.

The ground noise of the attached equipment is sensed and added to the output signal thereby cancelling the common-mode noise (hum). This is especially useful when doing the 4CM since that's when you usually get the worst ground loops.

I know this is isn't the intended application of the humbuster ports but...

I live in a Condo with insane EMI. Could it be beneficial to plug a guitar into one of the rear 'humbuster' ports (using the custom cable) to reduce the insane hum?

(NOTE: I have NO dimmer switches or fluorescent lights, the EMI is coming from the building wiring or from a utility source. I've called 2 electricians who couldn't find anything wrong with my condo wiring).

Just wondering. Thanks!

Hey Cliff .

many users have felt that the axe did a great job of capturing that miced up stack through the PA.
One common theme I have seen is some not feeling "the amp in the room" effect.
When redoing the modelling was that a consideration and do you feel Axe 2 addresses this
Without the cabs on and just cranked into a 412 through a power amp does the Axe 2 get the same experience and body .punch as the individual amps

Hey Cliff .

many users have felt that the axe did a great job of capturing that miced up stack through the PA.
One common theme I have seen is some not feeling "the amp in the room" effect.
When redoing the modelling was that a consideration and do you feel Axe 2 addresses this
Without the cabs on and just cranked into a 412 through a power amp does the Axe 2 get the same experience and body .punch as the individual amps

In my tests through a solid-state power amp into a 4x12 the II is indistinguishable from the real thing. In some cases, better. YMMV.

Regarding the Headphones output.
Will high impedance headphones such as the Sennheiser HD650 and some high end Beyer Dynamics require pre-amplification from the Headphone Output or will it be able to drive them adequately without an external preamp ?

This question again for added interest.

Third time asking. Someone please answer! Sorry to ask again..but since I mainly would use this for recording purposes..is there anything different about the microphones (types, placement..) in the Ultra 2 than the Ultra? I assume this is where Redwirez may come into play.

Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom