Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe-Edit is already working for the II. It has some minor bugs but should be ready when the units ship.

Sorry if this has already been answered... I went through 3/4 of this thread and didn't find it.

Will the AxeFX-II emulate the EH HOG and/or POG?

Sorry if this has already been answered... I went through 3/4 of this thread and didn't find it.

Will the AxeFX-II emulate the EH HOG and/or POG?

Just the same as before. You can get close to a lot of the POG sounds (I used that on the Ultra this weekend) using the Poly Local mode of the pitch shifter. HOG is a different beast.

Sorry to ask again..but since I mainly would use this for recording purposes..is there anything different about the microphones (types, placement..) in the Ultra 2 than the Ultra? I assume this is where Redwirez may come into play.

Thanks

Dan

Q) X/Y switching an amp (presumably worst case)... pretty damn quick?

(I would assume so since it seems less work than instantiating a whole new patch)

I think this X/Y feature is the most advantage of this beast!
@Cliff ... is this feature working for every block in a preset simultanous? In that case it would be like i have a 4x24 grid and doubled instances and doubled DSP Power ... (except you need e.g. two phaser at the same time) Did i think right? (Thinking in "Pedalboard-Mode")

Errm.. technically :) where are some sound samples? I can't wait to hear the beast.
And to be on topic: how is the visibility of the LCD? better contrast? Better viewing angles?

I think this X/Y feature is the most advantage of this beast!
@Cliff ... is this feature working for every block in a preset simultanous? In that case it would be like i have a 4x24 grid and doubled instances and doubled DSP Power ... (except you need e.g. two phaser at the same time) Did i think right? (Thinking in "Pedalboard-Mode")

Only the most used blocks have this feature. It's simply a second set of parameters that gets loaded. The best analogy is a two-channel head. You can use only one channel at a time.

Example, you set Drive1:X to be a Tube OD and Drive1:Y to be a PI Fuzz. Each has its own Drive, Tone, etc. You switch between the two using either the X/Y buttons or your MIDI controller.

Sorry if this already has been answered somewhere thru these 40 pages... (if so please link it or mention which page I should look up!)

Modifiers: how many? Envelope followers/ADSRs aviable at any input? And/or even possible to place anywhere in the grid (or will be in future)?
Pitch Shifters/harmonizers: any control over voices via CC or notenumbers?

Only the most used blocks have this feature. It's simply a second set of parameters that gets loaded. The best analogy is a two-channel head. You can use only one channel at a time.

Example, you set Drive1:X to be a Tube OD and Drive1:Y to be a PI Fuzz. Each has its own Drive, Tone, etc. You switch between the two using either the X/Y buttons or your MIDI controller.

Right, for us delay nuts it means easy access to 4 separate delay settings - or even 8 w/ dual delay. And that's not using the multidelay!

Thanks for answering Cliff, i think i understand this technical, but is this X/Y feature simultaneous for every block (that featured this) useable in one preset? Let`s say a patch like this:

DRV1 (x/y) -> DRV2 (x/y) -> Amp1 (x/y) -> Amp2 (x/y) -> DLY1 (x/y), .... now we program with CCs the floorboard that you can switch with four switches four amp modes (like a four channel Amp) + on four other switches i manage four different drives (max. 2 simultaneuos on for sure), same with delay, etc .... IS THIS WORKING? So, not just ONE block in the preset can be managed with X/Y .... ? If this will working, the unit is a NO BRAINER!

Thanks for answering Cliff, i think i understand this technical, but is this X/Y feature simultaneous for every block (that featured this) useable in one preset? Let`s say a patch like this:

DRV1 (x/y) -> DRV2 (x/y) -> Amp1 (x/y) -> Amp2 (x/y) -> DLY1 (x/y), .... now we program with CCs the floorboard that you can switch with four switches four amp modes (like a four channel Amp) + on four other switches i manage four different drives (max. 2 simultaneuos on for sure), same with delay, etc .... IS THIS WORKING? So, not just ONE block in the preset can be managed with X/Y .... ? If this will working, the unit is a NO BRAINER!

You got it right each block (drv1, drv 2, amp1, amp2, dly1, dly2) has an x/y that can be switched separately.

Right, for us delay nuts it means easy access to 4 separate delay settings - or even 8 w/ dual delay. And that's not using the multidelay!

My english is bad, i`m writing to slow .... thanks Java ... BOOOHAAAAAA .... my brain explode... building presets in my head for Axe-II .... wish List for Axe-III: X/Y/Z/D.... sets of parameters .... j/k ... i am blown away ...

The 1/4" outputs have a "remote ground sense" feature. You take a TRS cable and on one end you put a TRS plug and on the other end you put a regular TS plug. On the TS end you tie the ring conductor to ground. Plug the TRS end into the Axe-Fx II.

The ground noise of the attached equipment is sensed and added to the output signal thereby cancelling the common-mode noise (hum). This is especially useful when doing the 4CM since that's when you usually get the worst ground loops.

Brilliant.

Awesome ... even more than I was I hoping for! Final question, does the X/Y require two footswitch buttons, or just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom