Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Any way with the Axe II to switch between 2 amps in the same preset, having them mutually exclusive (i.e. one goes on, the other off)?

-Any function to compare volumes of presets to balance them quickly, or does this tie into the new unity gain feature?

3) Can I save/load patches from a USB stick?

4) Can I save/load IR's from a USB stick?

Not yet, or not possible ;)

I would love to just take my USB Stick to where ever another AxeFx II is and swap patches, IR's ...

I haven't tried this yet but I have a Line 6 Midi mobilizer laying around. It will be cool if I can carry my patches around on my iphone and back up or load patches from my phone, ipod or ipad.

1) Can the 4 knobs be setup to change Gain, bass, middle, treble independent of the patch (also after I change a patch)?

2) What steps are needed to switch the knobs from controlling amp 1 to amp 2

- FX blocks and instances same as ultra?
- if DSP B is only for amps (and cabs?): half the power of the axe-II is loose for 4CM guys and only use as studio processor?

Last edited:
Hello Cliff, im really amazed, you just created the beast, and i want to tame it.

Some questions:

1- How many new advanced parameters does the amp block has?

2- What are their names, and what part of the amps function does affects?

3 -How many new amp models does the axe fx II has in comparision with its older counterparts?

4- Does the TYPE button apply to the reverb block? Which are this reverb types? Lexicon PCM style?

5 - There is any improvement to the excellent Spring Reverb?

6 - There is Tremolo TYPES? Fender style? Vox style?

7- Does the detune function has any improvement?

Cliff, thanks in advance.

Will we still need to connetect a wall wart to the II to power the MFC over the Cat5 cable or is there an internal power supply in the II for that purpose when using the MFC?

- FX blocks and instances same as ultra?
- if DSP B is only for amps (and cabs?): half the power of the axe-II is loose for 4CM guys and only use as studio processor?
Some of the questions being asked have already been answered.

block-type instance count is the same as the Ultra.

-Any way with the Axe II to switch between 2 amps in the same preset, having them mutually exclusive (i.e. one goes on, the other off)?

-Any function to compare volumes of presets to balance them quickly, or does this tie into the new unity gain feature?

You can do that in the standard and Ultra. I have a few presets that do that. On the Ultra II w/ the X/Y feature is easier and you can actually set it up so you can have 4 amps (only a max of two would be active at a time)

You can do that in the standard and Ultra. I have a few presets that do that. On the Ultra II w/ the X/Y feature is easier and you can actually set it up so you can have 4 amps (only a max of two would be active at a time)

How much CPU% does that take with 4 amps, and let's say 2 cabs?

Same 2 amps and 2 cabs :). X/Y doesn't really use more processing power. I'll check what that is but 2 (4 w/ x/y) amps will use the first dsp while the 2 cabs I believe go on the 2 dsp.

Same 2 amps and 2 cabs :). X/Y doesn't really use more processing power. I'll check what that is but 2 (4 w/ x/y) amps will use the first dsp while the 2 cabs I believe go on the 2 dsp.

Ahhh, mmmm, nice!

Yek, you`ll run "physical" two amps max. at a time, so 80% referring to Cliff. The advantage of X/Y here is: 4 channel mode in one preset ;-) ... and footswitchable 2 modes / per FX block which are connetced to X/Y ....

If i think about it: ONE Template for all my presets ..... no more ... copy and paste and ... hmmmm, where is the preset with the last setting i want copied to all? ... :)

... ups Java was faster ... sorry for double posting

Yek, you`ll run "physical" two amps max. at a time, so 80% referring to Cliff. The advantage of X/Y here is: 4 channel mode in one preset ;-) ... and footswitchable 2 modes / per FX block which are connetced to X/Y ....

If i think about it: ONE Template for all my presets ..... no more ... copy and paste and ... hmmmm, where is the preset with the last setting i want copied to all? ... :)

... ups Java was faster ... sorry for double posting

It would have be less. I believe (not sure) that 2 models can run on 1 DSP. Leaving the other DSP freed up. I'll check later.

It would have be less. I believe (not sure) that 2 models can run on 1 DSP. Leaving the other DSP freed up. I'll check later.

argh ,.... 80% of the B DSP!!!! Yep, the second tigersharc is then full free for FX ... boah, i am blown away ... but what will a poor man do? I love my standard :)

The brochure states that there are two processors in the Axe-Fx II, one being entirely dedicated to processing amp blocks, and the other for everything else.

So according to that, placing two amps blocks in a patch shouldn't decrease your available CPU load at all. It should remain exactly the same as it was before you added them, since the amp blocks themselves use their very own, independent processing resource.

The brochure states that there are two processors in the Axe-Fx II, one being entirely dedicated to processing amp blocks, and the other for everything else.

So according to that, placing two amps blocks in a patch shouldn't decrease your available CPU load at all. It should remain exactly the same as it was before you added them, since the amp blocks themselves use their very own, independent processing resource.
If true (and it should be from what I've read) that is a great point. OTOH, someone will complain that they only use FX and half the DSP resources are unavailable... in 3..2..1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom