Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what fan is used? still the very loud one?

not technical but important too:
i feel a bit of slapped, because i buyed an ultra 4-5 months ago on ebay (g66 had a huge waiting list). is there any help planed about those customers?
but of course it is good to push things forward, thanks for that. But i feel a bit like a "looser".

not technical but important too:
i feel a bit of slapped, because i buyed an ultra 4-5 months ago on ebay (g66 had a huge waiting list). is there any help planed about those customers?
but of course it is good to push things forward, thanks for that. But i feel a bit like a "looser".

This is not the place for this, 4-5 months is a long time as far as technology is concerned, Fractal should not have to justify a new product release.....

Spence

I'm one of the few people I guess who live on the HAD ODS model. Are the ODS-100 clean and/or lead comparable?

I'm one of the few people I guess who live on the HAD ODS model. Are the ODS-100 clean and/or lead comparable?

Wasn't the HAD ODS built using an ODS-100 they got in-house? I can't imagine the new ODS models being anything but just as good or better.

A lot of people have asked this and gotten no answer, so it would seem he's not able to say yet.

We will most likely be given a ballpark in a few days. Be patient.

OFF TOPIC a bit
I have no hurry-->will sell my standard-->use my Ultra and as soon there is a button to push-->I will push-->and then see whats going.

G66-->has started waiting list
Tone Merchants(SOCAL)-->Also have a waiting list
Fractal Audio direct(would be my choice)-->Nothing yet,so I keep looking

Even then I asume there will be some month(s) waiting
But thats always the case with good new gear

Roland

Regarding the new user interface. It has been the biggest beef I've had with Axe-Fx 1 and I'm not 100% sold on it on 2 either. I feel that something akin to a gamepad D-pad would've been better for the navigation (less hand movement required and durability shouldn't be a problem since gamepads take quite a lot of abuse). From what I can tell from the small pics, the button layout hasn't changed much, in other words it's still a bit confusing for all but regular Axe-Fx users. As for the A-D knobs, I understand having them away from the screen makes the display easier to read but it does require a bit back and forth to figure which knob does what.

In the user interface when you have one page open, are all the controls adjustable with the 4 knobs + value knob? In other words are there only 5 knobs per page or do you still have to go back and forth with the navigation buttons to get to the controls you need to adjust?

Does the unity gain feature mean that you no longer have to fiddle with level etc controls to keep the Axe-Fx from clipping? Is it a hardware feature or something that could be ported to the Standard and Ultra?

Which knob controls the headphone output? Is it tied to the output 1 knob for example, which would mean that you'd be twisting back and forth when you use headphones at night and say a Atomic FR during the day?

Also how's the driver support? Which Windows versions do you support? Are 64-bit versions of fully Vista/Win7 supported?

PS. Any chance of us Standard/Ultra users getting a 1024 sample version of some of the IRs chosen from RedWirez/Ownhammer packs? I can't be bothered to get them and go thru the gazillion mics/positions they offer so it would be kinda nice at least to get a list of which ones to pick.

Giving this a bump since it went unanswered.

The layout looks nice and clean. However I wonder why the DSPs are one the very edge of the panel, far away from the input and output. Is it a thermal or noise consideration?
That is general good practice in DSP PCB layout. You want to keep sources of clocked-noise interference as far as possible from analog circuits that might be susceptible to picking up that noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom