[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

"I can do this in 20 minutes" .

1 hour later...

Hi, Leon.

I see you set the drive block level around 5 or so... But when I try what you tell in your videos, I have to set it at sound 1.5.

Do you know what's going on?

I think it's been asked before, but I can't find it.

Thank you very much. And that's a great video. As always.

Nice job @2112 Actually hearing the drive models in front of clean and dirty amps is very helpful. Checking out some new drives for my gig presets. BTW, way cool to throw a Meters reference in there

I just created a short new forum thread with an uploaded .pdf document that summarizes how to put your AX8 in mono mode, and also summarizes for AX8 users the keys steps to do as outlined in the gain staging/preset leveling video.

Hoping to make it easier to simply paste that link on the Facebook AX8 page or elsewhere when user questions come up.

Anyway, here is the .pdf.

Attachments

• SETTING UP YOUR AX8 PROPERLY.pdf
    147.7 KB · Views: 255
I just created a short new forum thread with an uploaded .pdf document that summarizes how to put your AX8 in mono mode, and also summarizes for AX8 users the keys steps to do as outlined in the gain staging/preset leveling video.

Hoping to make it easier to simply paste that link on the Facebook AX8 page or elsewhere when user questions come up.

Anyway, here is the .pdf.

Looks good; thanks!

"I can do this in 20 minutes" .

1 hour later...

Great! I think transparent use of the drives is best, something you'd struggle to do in real life as when you use high output level no a pedal you have to balance somehow the overall sound... Like using the Klon, if you want to keep your clean tone is a nightmare..

I guess using a control switch to turn on a volume block set at -xdB to compensate for the level increase from the drive is a solution (or adjust the amp's volume, maybe even better)

I have been thinking, whether we should try to clean up this thread a bit. There's a lot of info here, but some of it may not be so interesting anymore, some may even be completely outdated.

Good call. I'd like to see a dedicated thread for tips and tricks for AX8 live use specifically.

Sure. A separate page is also possible if desired.

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is already mentioned somewhere in the wiki. But with tutorial videos appearing each day, I stopped keeping track.

Yeah, I also gave up on keeping up. I was sort of hoping the content providers would help by promoting their stuff in this thread.

Reactions: Rex
There is a video series by Copper Carter for the Axe FX II that is so good it's worth buying for AX8 users.

Even though it's for the Axe FX II most of what he shows applies to the AX8 - you just need to be aware of the differences (eg Two amp and cab blocks instead of one). It really shows how to setup great presets and explains a lot of the blocks very well

It's on sale now half price ($14) because the new age FX III lesson is just out

Back
Top Bottom