[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

how to use Scene Controllers with Input Trim:
Or just use this handy reference chart and interpolate values as needed:
View attachment 39878

Thanks for posting this! I put the formula into Excel with 8 slots for my own use and thought I would share it. Just enter any trim you want and it will give you the percent.

Cheers

Attachments

• Input Trim to Scene Controller Percent Converter.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 67
I think, this one is missing from this thread.

They omit a few things, I wish they included (how to set up Manage Cabs conversion defaults), and that may have been why I did not included it in the first place.

The defaults are set in this menu - just go in and make your choices.
AxeManageCabsIRdefaults.jpg

Great Video Leon

... But which underwear should I get

There is only one correct answer.

940308885_232.jpg

GREAT THREAD! LOT OF GOOD STUFF OUT THERE.

So, while these may be redundant to above ones, I did a few tutorial type videos recently to add, besides the building a Jimi preset one. Here are links to all 3...

1. How to use Axe-Edit/AX8-Edit to load preset banks into your memory -- and how to audition individual presets before you commit or save them to memory...

2. How to load banks with FractalBot

3. How to load a third party Cab Impulse response (.syx format, not .ir) into the User Cabs of your Fractal.

My general, constructive criticism of tutorial videos is: use good cameras and mics, make everything "step by step," and edit out as much as you can from your original shots that is not essential to what people need to know. I try to cut pauses,
"ums" and asides...it can make transitions a little quick, but viewers want stuff/information fast and not to have to wade through stuff. I try to adhere to these rules when editing -- and yet I still fail some every time! :)

My general, constructive criticism of tutorial videos is: use good cameras and mics, make everything "step by step," and edit out as much as you can from your original shots that is not essential to what people need to know. I try to cut pauses,
"ums" and asides...it can make transitions a little quick, but viewers want stuff/information fast and not to have to wade through stuff. I try to adhere to these rules when editing -- and yet I still fail some every time! :)

I agree completely. My newest video in this thread is the first time, where I tried to do this more or less systematically. It is a bit time consuming to do, but it is definitely worth it, and I get better at editing efficient in Reaper every time I try. (Yes, I do all video editing in reaper)

GREAT THREAD! LOT OF GOOD STUFF OUT THERE.

So, while these may be redundant to above ones, I did a few tutorial type videos recently to add, besides the building a Jimi preset one. Here are links to all 3...

1. How to use Axe-Edit/AX8-Edit to load preset banks into your memory -- and how to audition individual presets before you commit or save them to memory...

2. How to load banks with FractalBot

3. How to load a third party Cab Impulse response (.syx format, not .ir) into the User Cabs of your Fractal.

Great clips, and great advice. I could probably fill a few hours of just "Ummms and aaahs" from my videos

I think, it's interesting, you chose the advanced whammy algorithm. I think most people use the Fixed harmonic, but to my ears the AW algorithm may even track better. I am going to have to give it a try.

I was never able to get a detuned sound (up or down) that I was happy with. Everything I have tried until now makes a complete mush of the transients (especially noticeable on cleaner tones)

Back
Top Bottom