[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

Another great one Leon.

I really wish somebody (Fractal would be the obvious guys to do it) would make a compiled list of all the front panel moves.

Hold enter to make connection across
Shift edit to turn on block if you're in the block
Double tap edit to x/y
Etc

It's really not intuitive - at least, it's not logical to me. All the moves can be found in the manual, but you really have to search for them. A shortlist or a cheat sheet if you will would be so helpful. Any plans for this @joe rogers ?

Last edited:
Another great one Leon.

I really wish somebody (Fractal would be the obvious guys to do it) would make a compiled list of all the front panel moves.

Hold enter to make connection across
Shift edit to turn on block if you're in the block
Double tap edit to x/y
Etc

It's really not intuitive - at least, it's not logical to me. Ask the moves can be found in the manual, but you really have to search for them. A shortlist or a cheat sheet if you will would be so helpful. Any plans for this @joe rogers ?

This would be very handy

Stranger things was a good show.

The arpeggiator tute wasn’t bad either...

I look forward to your synth block vid; I had a go at replicating a sound from my Future Impact pedal but my efforts were in vain.

Thanks, Leon; this was very helpful. I think I see what I did wrong; I was focused on the Custom Scale section when I didn't need to be. I think what I wanted to do can be done in the main Sequencer section.
All the fun happens in the sequencer section!

@austinbuddy has a great looking new (free) video series (should be 8 parts in the end) on AX8edit. It's great stuff - all beginners should start here, and there's something for the veterans as well.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Here are a few topic based videos

@Burgs shows us how to build a simple but very versatile rig based on a Marshall Plexi - this is basically all you need to start building your own presets.

I have a video of my own on using an LUFS meter in DAW to match levels between amps and between presets. I find it faster and more precise than using the VU meters on the unit.

@Burgs video changed my life!

Here are parts 6 and 7 of the Ax8-Edit video tutorials.

These cover Axe-Manage Presets, the Cab Block, and Cab Manager.

The funny thing is, I couldn't release them until today, because some of my on-screen Finder browser showed a directory called AXE II Beta Testing! Cat's out of the bag now!

Great videos dude

Great videos dude

Hi Leon -- thank you kindly.

I do these as a public service, users pay to ask me these things in consulting sessions all the time, so instead I thought I'd make it easier for everyone and just layout the stuff people NEED to know as best I could within production limitations.

Your videos are far more awesome! Appreciate all you do each day to contribute to the Fractal community!

Back
Top Bottom