[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

I think, it's interesting, you chose the advanced whammy algorithm. I think most people use the Fixed harmonic, but to my ears the AW algorithm may even track better. I am going to have to give it a try.

I was never able to get a detuned sound (up or down) that I was happy with. Everything I have tried until now makes a complete mush of the transients (especially noticeable on cleaner tones)

AW sounded best to my ears, but it really only works going down in pitch IMO. Too many artefacts when going up, especially with cleans.

Amazing thread - just got my AX8, and loving it - but loads of questions around setting scenes and ‘pedals’ to instant switches etc., so will be going through this thread in detail!

I wanted to check how fast I could balance an amp from scratch, so I turned it into a video.

Might be helpful. It's some kind of tutorial on using a simple GEQ between the guitar and amp to figure out the best amp settings. No talking though.

Top stuff!

What’s the reasoning behind having the pitch block first in line in the first vid and then after the cab block in the subsequent ones?

If you explained in the vids, er, sorry.

I use the local setting in the first one, hence it's first in the chain.

Back
Top Bottom