[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

This video on how to use AxeManage for presets and cabs is tremendously useful, and it seems like many people overlook that feature

It's Chris again :)

http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/08/using-axe-manage-presets-cabs-axe-edit-3-1-0/

Axe Manage Cabs is super useful, the tutorial on that tool starts around the 15 minute mark.

Did you check out this video. It also shows you how to audition cabs that are not on the unit. Most people only load the IRs they are actually going to use.

...I have only got thru half the Cabs Pack and all the p0sitions are full so I can't upload anymore or can I?
There are 512 user cab slots in the AX8. But there are over 1000 cabs in that Cab Pack. No way are you gonna fit them all in in one go. You have two choices: either load a bunch in, try 'em, then delete everything but the ones you like best to make room to load more IRs in...or...audition them as @Smittefar said.

when I bought this pack and went to the Manage Cabs there were NO cabs there. Does that sound right to you?
All the user cab slots are empty until you load put cabs in them. But there are 179 factory cabs in the box. You can't see them in Axe-Manage because you can't change them, so there's nothing there to "manage." :)

With the Cab Pack Brit Pack I got another bonus folder that is 12 Bundles of preset and cab matched but when I try to import them it says they not compatible with AX8 but they came with AX8 bundle so don't know why they not compatible.

@Smittefar The way you use the scene control in your video, is it possible to include a 4th scene using this method? If so, what would you do differently given that the "curve" of the control settings isn't very easy to split in 4 ways, if that makes sense.

There are definitely more constraints, when you try to set it up for more than the scenes, and It will take a lot more tweaking, but you can do a lot with the other parameters in the controller menu such as slope and offset.

Hello there!

My EV1 Expression pedal barely registers on the meter when I tried to calibrate it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you
Hi there!

It's probably hooked up wrong.

Please open a separate thread for your question. You'll get more responses than you'll get here in somebody else's tips-and-tricks thread.

I thought it might be useful to make a compiled list of all the great Ax8 tutorials out there. I am not looking for all videos featuring Ax8 tones and a 'preset runthrough' is not really what I am looking for. But any video that shows you how to do something in the Ax8.
There's a lot of great videos with this out there, but I think they are just scattered across the interwebs. A collection might be useful for new and experienced users.

I hope everyone will add useful videos to this thread. I have just entered the ones, I could think of.
Great idea, concentrare the information in one place
Ottima idea, concentrerai le Informazioni in un unico luogo

It is a method I like to use
è un metodo, che mi piace usare

A small contribution from his boot Italy
Un piccolo contributo dallo stivale Italia

Thanks to the contribution of Andrea Puxeddu / G66eu
Grazie, al contributo di Andrea Puxeddu / G66eu

Fractal Audio Systems AX8 - italian tutorial
Fractal Audio Systems AX8 - italian tutorial 2

;)

Last edited: