The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

Can USA customers still order from this site? I see nothing on tone merchants website about the matrix. I went ahead and submitted my information to order last night but haven't gotten anything back yet.

Great website! Congrats to Matrix. I think they have uncovered a whole new market
segment for amplification (specifically tailored to modellers). So far only Axe folks know
about the GT800, but its just a matter of time before the word spreads. Great success
story in the making.

Last edited:
Back to the bridged mode. Has somebody done the mod of a cable? It looks like you have to plug in both outputs of the matrix to one speakon cable!? So this is not just rewire a standard cable.

He uses the HiWatt sim (probably "Mr Floyd"?)[/video]
Hi Alexander, no, that's a custom preset, I just modified hi gain lead patch, using a HiWatt model instead of a recto. It can sound much better I think, I didn't tweaked that much, I didn't even used a Fane Redwirez cab, although I have them

Hi Alexander, no, that's a custom preset, I just modified hi gain lead patch, using a HiWatt model instead of a recto. It can sound much better I think, I didn't tweaked that much, I didn't even used a Fane Redwirez cab, although I have them

Ah, okay, I understood the video comments wrong, thanks.
I would be interested in that preset though, love the tone. ;)

Back to the bridged mode. Has somebody done the mod of a cable? It looks like you have to plug in both outputs of the matrix to one speakon cable!? So this is not just rewire a standard cable.

I'll be doing one today Phil, will try and get a clip of me doing it but you are right, the positives from each of the Matrix outputs to the corresponding T&S of the jack plug.

Does anyone know how long it would take to get one? In Europe, that is.
From what I've read, sounds like a no brainer: only 1U, lightweight, "transparent"…
Cheers!

Mine shipped money... then went to Germany... now it's in Dubai.

WTF, UPS? What the hell is wrong with just Heathrow -> Melbourne?!?!?! :( :lol

Any word on Tone Merchant's price in the US?

Thanks...

AFAIK Tone Merchants will be setting their own price. Obviously it would be in their own interests to have that lower than the price direct from Matrix themselves. I would have thought that TM would have announced something by now. I know they sent some emails out but not heard much since then. Maybe they're guaging interest first??

Mine shipped money... then went to Germany... now it's in Dubai.

WTF, UPS? What the hell is wrong with just Heathrow -> Melbourne?!?!?! :( :lol

Maybe they're checking it's not a printer full of explosives. They've maybe confused Matrix with Dot-Matrix! :lol (I'll get my coat)

Back
Top Bottom