The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

Selling my Matrix GT800FX. As new, never actually used. I bought two, only need the one. PM if interested.

so can this thing power a couple Atomic wedges to band level volume? doesn't need to be gig worthy but enough volume to compete with LOUD drums, bass, guitar, vocals, keyboards.. at gigs just one for a personal monitor is fine

Space, yes it is 400watts per channel, it will melt your atomic's if you push em hard enough.
Thanks. I was under the impression that PA monitors need a higher wattage, which is why the popular powered monitors all seem to have 1000+ watts. The Atomics aren't PA monitors, and the GT800FX doesn't seem to be made to be a PA poweramp (you get what I mean, hah). I wasn't sure if I would need some ridiculously strong poweramp for full range speakers or something.

Watts is watts. If a speaker is designed to handle 50w RMS - then giving it 100W RMS will possibly damage it. Giving it 400w will damage it.

The extra power isnt for volume - and you shouldnt push the full lot into speaker not designed to handle that much power. The extra power is there so you can operate at the level the speaker CAN take while being well within the amps linear operating range - including room for occasional spikes

As far as speakers handling extra wattage, I've been finding my GT1000 will cut out way before my speakers are even getting near to struggling. Not sure what is going on. Overheating? I'm going to try to reposition in my rig. See if that makes a difference but I'm starting to look for an alternative. Maybe even back to a tube pa??

As far as speakers handling extra wattage, I've been finding my GT1000 will cut out way before my speakers are even getting near to struggling. Not sure what is going on. Overheating? I'm going to try to reposition in my rig. See if that makes a difference but I'm starting to look for an alternative. Maybe even back to a tube pa??

Hi there,
Sorry you are having a problem with your amp.
Please email me at matt@matrixamplification.com and we will get you up and running.
Can you please confirm which speakers you are running on the outputs and whether you are playing stereo / mono etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.
My best regards
Matt

I'm trying to decide between the 800 and the 1000. I have a Peavey 16 ohm 4x12 cab. The matrix and the cab will mainly be for rehearsals and for my stage sound live. Do I need the 1000, or is the 800 enough for my needs?

If you are playing just one cab the GT800FX will plenty of power,
however there are more differences between the GT800FX and GT1000FX than the power rating.
Please have a look at the video from Pete Thorn below to hear both working.
I look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions.
My best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom