The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

And Theres a Matrix Forum on the way too - I know cos they've asked me to moderate it.

Very cool. Will be an ideal place for those just now getting the GT800 news to check it out. Great place to post your vids, Paul.

If Tone Merchants is intending to distribute in the States, they must have already heard one with the Axe and really liked it.
That store is boutique, cork-sniffer heaven. They don't carry bargain brands. (TM is about 20 min from me). Excellent news.

Have been told my GT800FX is shipping out on Monday. :)

Now I really need to decide what to do for a cab. Fairly certain I'll end up going with an Atomic passive wedge.

COMING TO AMERICA

As reported on their Facebook page, Matrix's new website for the GT800FX will go live tonight at 10pm GMT. The new website address is The site is under construction

An official announcement/confirmation of the new US distributor will also be on the website.

More news as it comes in!!

Still showing the countdown and no updates on Facebook...Are you an hour in front Yek?

EDIT: ahhhhh just seen the countdown and realised it'll be 11pm not 10pm.....My bad

Last edited:
By coincedence I saw the countdown goto down to zero.
After a few minutes it restarted with 1 hour to go.
Dutch time here but that doesn't matter.

Not sure as yet Gasp although I would expect some sort of announcement from.....ermmmm, whoever is distributing it to make an announcement soon after! :D

Matrix is now LIVE!!!!

and the official US distributor is none other than the highly respected Tone Merchants.

I'm reliably informed that Tone Merchants already have the GT800FX in their posession with more units winging their way accross the Atlantic as we speak.

Hopefully this British invaison will go as well as the one in the 60's and not like the one in the late 1700's!!!!

I don't quite grasp the tweaking tips/video on the new site.

@Paul: those recommendations make the GT800fx sound like your VHT sounded, but can they really be applied as such in general? Isn't that very amp- (and even speaker) dependent?

I suppose those settings wouldn't work well with, say a Marshall or Mesa poweramp due to the nature of their colouring the sound. Maybe the caveat of "with a reasonably flat response power amp" should have been added but nontheless, still a useful video.

Personally, I think the Matrix stands perfectly well on its own against a tube power amp but I can understand the need for recreating it.

Jesaaaaazz can't stop listening to that solo.
Seriously who's that guy?
I would definitely pay for tabs. Very nice tone too.

Quick one, on hills with practically no net access. Haven't even seen the matrix site yet.

The for is aimed at those commibg grin a valve power and, not ss or new to the setup. I agree the eq tweeks work for the. VHT primarily but all valve amp have a similar smiley face eq compared to ss amp.

It was more the feel parameters I was trying to get across. What you need to change to add back in to your patch what you have tweeked out to compensate for the valves in your amp. Hopefully it does that.

Back
Top Bottom