Wish Lo-fi pedals, cabs, mic and delays

Leonkkj

As it seems, I am a black metal musician, but I also play most metal genres and random noises. I'd like to see some really poor and low quality sound coming from the Axe FX III.

Talking about cabs and mics, anything that someone could buy for 50$ in a chinese store. Most norwegian raw black metal bands have that thrashy sound, like it was recorded in a cave (not talking about reverb yet), using mostly a four-track tape recorder. It would be awesome to have these in the Fractal. But I think the four-track feel could be simulated by a pedal.

Pedals, there are a bunch of good ones: Cooper FX Generation Loss (my favourite), Somersault, Robot Warden Cliff, etc. Very useful por lo-fi hip-hop and other nostalgic genres. Also a raw reverb (which is also useful to black metal) and synth, obviously.

More delays, PLEASE! And creative delays, just like the Line 6 “Glitch effect” and noisy lo-fi delays. I think Meris LVX and Fractal have the best delay system, but the Fractal isn't close to Meris. Having that delay system in a amp/effects modeler is a consumer dream.

That's it. I still dream about the “black metal update” and the “lo-fi update”, but I know it takes time, lmao. Thanks for reading!

Tape Distortion in the Drive block and the preamp types in the cab block can sound absolutely great for that kind of thing.

Regarding the delays, you can recreate the "roll your own algorithm" thing using the feedback send and return blocks too.

Bitcrusher will be your friend for lo-fi-ifying any effect. Also make use of parallel routing if you want a dash of integrity to the notes plus the grossness.

As for lo-fi delay I think the tone and eq controls are what you want to use there.

+1 to all of this of course.

One thing to do is add the lo fi tape delay to the path. Set time to 1ms. Set mix to 100%. Adjust feedback to smear the sound. I use that to post process my loopers. Saves a drive block too.

There are many ways to make it sound shitty
Lies, even the shitty toan sounds too good.

OP needs to move their rig into a porta john or Walmart bathroom for that pristine shittoan.

If poop toan is the goal you could also try running an amp block without the cab.

Back
Top Bottom