Introduction thread

Hi all, just purchased an AF3 Mk2 Turbo yesterday. Now just watching and reading everything I can about this device. Been playing on and off for 40 years and still feel like a beginner :) About a year ago I started down the digital FX rabbit hole. Started way back in the day with boss pedals, the rockman headphone amp and graduated to rack stuff (also a roland midi synth - think its called gr33 or something like that). So I last year I wondered what is in the form of digital guitar stuff. Landed and bought the positive grid spark. I liked it but was kinda lacking. But I was intrigued by how I could manipulate very easily different settings, cabs and such. So ended up buying Bias FX2 , scartlett 2i2 and maudio BX8's, really enjoyed it. Then I heard Neural DSP. Sounded way better than Bias (not sure why), so purchased a bunch of those. Now I see fractal on youtube and the prestige that it holds; 3K later, it's coming. I'm always chasing, but I think I finally landed.

Hi all, just purchased an AF3 Mk2 Turbo yesterday. Now just watching and reading everything I can about this device. Been playing on and off for 40 years and still feel like a beginner :) About a year ago I started down the digital FX rabbit hole. Started way back in the day with boss pedals, the rockman headphone amp and graduated to rack stuff (also a roland midi synth - think its called gr33 or something like that). So I last year I wondered what is in the form of digital guitar stuff. Landed and bought the positive grid spark. I liked it but was kinda lacking. But I was intrigued by how I could manipulate very easily different settings, cabs and such. So ended up buying Bias FX2 , scartlett 2i2 and maudio BX8's, really enjoyed it. Then I heard Neural DSP. Sounded way better than Bias (not sure why), so purchased a bunch of those. Now I see fractal on youtube and the prestige that it holds; 3K later, it's coming. I'm always chasing, but I think I finally landed.
Welcome to the funhouse, @EchoTech! I do believe you’ll enjoy it here.

Hello everyone! I just purchased an Axe FX 3 MK 2 and joined this forum for some help and tips and tricks about the product :)

I'm Matti from Finland. I have played guitar since 1990. Over the years I have used all kind of gear and it took this long to finally try the Axe FX :) I also have a Line6 Helix and I'll probably keep it for rehearsals and backup ;)

Nice to meet all of you!

Hello everyone! I just purchased an Axe FX 3 MK 2 and joined this forum for some help and tips and tricks about the product :)

I'm Matti from Finland. I have played guitar since 1990. Over the years I have used all kind of gear and it took this long to finally try the Axe FX :) I also have a Line6 Helix and I'll probably keep it for rehearsals and backup ;)

Nice to meet all of you!
Welcome to the clubhouse, @GuitarManiac32 !

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy the brand new FM9 turbo and just find your forum.

I am 40 yrs old, from Quebec Canada and it will be a pleasure to share with all of you. I have played guitar, keyboard and drum since a while. Guitar since the age of 12 but still intermediate.

Nice to meet you!
Jeff

Attachments

• 302005064_406509581567287_5277567758707118626_n.jpg
    302005064_406509581567287_5277567758707118626_n.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 267598788_1070451493787259_6723469847319842725_n.jpg
    267598788_1070451493787259_6723469847319842725_n.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi guys,

I am 40 yrs old, from Quebec Canada and it will be a pleasure to share with all of you. I have played guitar, keyboard and drum since a while. Guitar since the age of 12 but still intermediate.

Nice to meet you!
Jeff
Welcome to the club, Jeff! When you get your FM9, you'll have much to talk about. :)

Reactions: JFR
Hi guys,

Nice to meet you!
Jeff
I predict some late nights in store...

• Haha
Reactions: JFR
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Hello to everybody, I´m a happy new german owner of the FM3 since December 2022.
Playing guitar from 1985 till now , still searching for the guitar tone, but found at least one in the FM3 ( Dumble HRM Hot Touch ).
Still obsessed with Dumble tones ; heard Robben Ford back then, but at that time I didn`t know that he was playing this amp ( had no internet ).
By the way , I get that kind of tone ( Lead ) using the FM3 ( output 2, cab sim and amp modeling ) going straight in front of 2 Ethos Overdrive Amps ( overdrive channel slightly overdriven) driving 2 cabinets ( one with wgs 10s speakers, the other one with EV 12L ) I´m still overwhelmed with the unit, but try hard to get used to other settings. :smilingimp:

Hi everybody,

I have my FM3 for a couple of days now. I've been playing with the factory presets, try to tweak settings, change blocks to other implementations and I have to say: I am blown away. Great sound and great fun.
I never owned an Amp. So far I've been using a Kemper and an HX Stomp. I don't think that I will give up on any of those, but I am glad that I purchased the FM3. It was kind of an impulse buy, but no regrets...

Hey all,

I've had my Axe FXII XL+ for a couple weeks now; I'm still loving reading up on all of it since I've been a lurker here for a while now!
I'm from the US, and have played guitar for about 15 years now. I've released a death metal demo as a one-man project (before getting the Axe) and I'm looking forward to seeing what new stuff I can do with it once I get through the learning curve. I'm not one-trick though, I love jazz and blues and fusion also!

Other than that I love drift cars, comics and video games, though I don't have much time for them anymore.

👋Nice to officially meet y'all!

Back
Top Bottom