Introduction thread

Hey all,

I've had my Axe FXII XL+ for a couple weeks now; I'm still loving reading up on all of it since I've been a lurker here for a while now!
I'm from the US, and have played guitar for about 15 years now. I've released a death metal demo as a one-man project (before getting the Axe) and I'm looking forward to seeing what new stuff I can do with it once I get through the learning curve. I'm not one-trick though, I love jazz and blues and fusion also!

Other than that I love drift cars, comics and video games, though I don't have much time for them anymore.

👋Nice to officially meet y'all!
The very first time I heard of Fractal was through a buddy of mine who had a II (don't recall what version), and he had nothing but praise for all it could do. It's probably what sparked my interest in getting one (a III, a few years later.)

Enjoy the ride!

Hey all,

I've had my Axe FXII XL+ for a couple weeks now; I'm still loving reading up on all of it since I've been a lurker here for a while now!
I'm from the US, and have played guitar for about 15 years now. I've released a death metal demo as a one-man project (before getting the Axe) and I'm looking forward to seeing what new stuff I can do with it once I get through the learning curve. I'm not one-trick though, I love jazz and blues and fusion also!

Other than that I love drift cars, comics and video games, though I don't have much time for them anymore.

👋Nice to officially meet y'all!
Welcome, @EightySix! My first introduction to Fractal was my Ultra, over 12 years ago. It was an instant “Ooh!” moment. You’ll be loving your XL+ for many years. :)

Last edited:
Greetings from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. :)

My name is Stephane and I've been playing Bass guitar for about 35 years, mostly rock but also a wide range of genres. About 12 years ago I started getting more into recording, mixing, producing my own band as well as other local artists. Just a few months ago I completed a year long home studio build project and I am very happy with the results and I'm slowly but steadily working on new musical projects with local artist. I just purchased the Axe FX-III a few weeks ago to add to my "studio tool arsenal" of tonal possibilities. I do not play guitar, but I wanted the ability to dial in a variety of guitar tones easily during production, arrangement, composition, live jams etc. Also, I've been chasing my own Bass tone for years with amps, pedals etc.. Now the Axe FXIII gives me so much options, from clean classic rock bass to metal etc.. I can play Eagles to Tool and everything in between and more. As a Bass player, I love the Axe FX, as an engineer / producer, I love the Axe FX LOL !
Looking forward to diving in deep into this amazing machine and using it for vocals, acoustic guitar, backing tracks, tone matching, jamming live with my band and getting the "just like the CD" tone for guitar and bass etc..

Excited to be part of this wonderful Fractal Audio community !
Cheers,
Stephane

Greetings from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. :)

My name is Stephane and I've been playing Bass guitar for about 35 years, mostly rock but also a wide range of genres. About 12 years ago I started getting more into recording, mixing, producing my own band as well as other local artists. Just a few months ago I completed a year long home studio build project and I am very happy with the results and I'm slowly but steadily working on new musical projects with local artist. I just purchased the Axe FX-III a few weeks ago to add to my "studio tool arsenal" of tonal possibilities. I do not play guitar, but I wanted the ability to dial in a variety of guitar tones easily during production, arrangement, composition, live jams etc. Also, I've been chasing my own Bass tone for years with amps, pedals etc.. Now the Axe FXIII gives me so much options, from clean classic rock bass to metal etc.. I can play Eagles to Tool and everything in between and more. As a Bass player, I love the Axe FX, as an engineer / producer, I love the Axe FX LOL !
Looking forward to diving in deep into this amazing machine and using it for vocals, acoustic guitar, backing tracks, tone matching, jamming live with my band and getting the "just like the CD" tone for guitar and bass etc..

Excited to be part of this wonderful Fractal Audio community !
Cheers,
Stephane
Welcome to the funhouse, Stephane! Buckle up and enjoy the ride. :)

Howdy from Perth, Western Australia :)

First week with an Axe FX iii Turbo and FC12 and I'm really digging it. I've done the rounds with modellers over the years (Eleven Rack, Headrush, Helix Rack, HX Stomp, Quad Cortex) but the Axe certainly does feel and sound a cut above the rest in my noodling so far.

Don't get me wrong, I love the touch screen on the QC, but Axe Edit is incredible (and is available, unlike QC Control) and the onboard controls aren't too bad if you take the time to read up about how they work and some shortcuts etc. The meters are particuarly rad.

But it's the sound and feel of this thing has blown me away. The factory presets are awesome and I've found even just starting a new preset and sticking to the 'Tone' parameters tab enables me to dial in a great sounding tone really easily.

I was half expecting to be overwhelmed, but I love the flexibility you get with this thing. But also, how easy it is to just ignore all that, pull up a preset and jam. Big fan of your work, Cliff! I get the feeling I may well have a QC for sale soon...

Hi all!

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland

My pet name is Tapsa.

(Real name is Tapio and small story about Finnish mythology about Tapio name)

(Tapio (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈtɑpio]) is a Finnish forest spirit or god in Finnish mythology. Hunters prayed to him before a hunt. His wife is the goddess of the forest, Mielikki. He is the father of Annikki, Tellervo, Nyyrikki (the god of hunting), and Tuulikki").

I'm quite old fart who started playing guitar late age.
I don't know music theory and haven't study music and i'm just enjoying playing guitar.
Music and playing instrument is making good for your mind and removes stress and purifying
all weekdays craps away, of course music brings good and bad memories but with music you can
handle it and perhaps you can create something great like melody, tone or whole song.

My first touch to Fractal was Axe-Fx II XL+ several years ago and I loved it, but sold that to my codson who was very happy but
I maybe was more happier to know I´m buying Axe III ;D

I just love my Axe III. Easy to get very nice sounds out, pleasure to play guitars through Axe and bass also.
And now I have also power amp so I can use Axe III with my 212 guitar cab via power amp and sounds great and bonus is that
I can use Axe simultaneously with computer audio interface / monitors and guitar cab so I'm getting sound out from 4 different
loudspeaker/tweeter/driver if wants and that sounds awesome.

Axe is easy to use but there is so much to learn and it goes very deep, so deep that I haven't reach there and I just scratched surface.
So much to learn still but main thing is just to enjoy with Axe III.

Thank for reading this :)

"my motto is that if you playing sounds good then things made correctly"

Howdy from Perth, Western Australia :)

First week with an Axe FX iii Turbo and FC12 and I'm really digging it. I've done the rounds with modellers over the years (Eleven Rack, Headrush, Helix Rack, HX Stomp, Quad Cortex) but the Axe certainly does feel and sound a cut above the rest in my noodling so far.

Don't get me wrong, I love the touch screen on the QC, but Axe Edit is incredible (and is available, unlike QC Control) and the onboard controls aren't too bad if you take the time to read up about how they work and some shortcuts etc. The meters are particuarly rad.

But it's the sound and feel of this thing has blown me away. The factory presets are awesome and I've found even just starting a new preset and sticking to the 'Tone' parameters tab enables me to dial in a great sounding tone really easily.

I was half expecting to be overwhelmed, but I love the flexibility you get with this thing. But also, how easy it is to just ignore all that, pull up a preset and jam. Big fan of your work, Cliff! I get the feeling I may well have a QC for sale soon...
Hi, @GraphicGoose! Sound & feel is all you need. You’re in for a wonderful time in the next few decades.

Hi all!

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland

My pet name is Tapsa.

(Real name is Tapio and small story about Finnish mythology about Tapio name)

(Tapio (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈtɑpio]) is a Finnish forest spirit or god in Finnish mythology. Hunters prayed to him before a hunt. His wife is the goddess of the forest, Mielikki. He is the father of Annikki, Tellervo, Nyyrikki (the god of hunting), and Tuulikki").

I'm quite old fart who started playing guitar late age.
I don't know music theory and haven't study music and i'm just enjoying playing guitar.
Music and playing instrument is making good for your mind and removes stress and purifying
all weekdays craps away, of course music brings good and bad memories but with music you can
handle it and perhaps you can create something great like melody, tone or whole song.

My first touch to Fractal was Axe-Fx II XL+ several years ago and I loved it, but sold that to my codson who was very happy but
I maybe was more happier to know I´m buying Axe III ;D

I just love my Axe III. Easy to get very nice sounds out, pleasure to play guitars through Axe and bass also.
And now I have also power amp so I can use Axe III with my 212 guitar cab via power amp and sounds great and bonus is that
I can use Axe simultaneously with computer audio interface / monitors and guitar cab so I'm getting sound out from 4 different
loudspeaker/tweeter/driver if wants and that sounds awesome.

Axe is easy to use but there is so much to learn and it goes very deep, so deep that I haven't reach there and I just scratched surface.
So much to learn still but main thing is just to enjoy with Axe III.

Thank for reading this :)

"my motto is that if you playing sounds good then things made correctly"

Greetings, @Pappasfin, my motto is “Better late than never.” The surface is many years deep, you you will have much fun scratching it. :)

Hey everyone, I've been watching Fractal Audio since its release. I saw the first "Ultra" upgrade come out with the masking tape ULTRA, and everything up to now. I thought about getting an Axe FX back then, but I didn't need it and I had lots of toys.

I've had my current modeler for several years. It's starting to have some issues, and I've become bored with it, it's time to look for an upgrade.

And the release of the FM3 Turbo and the current price point, I feel I'm going to board the Fractal Audio starship pretty soon!

WAITLIST ACTIVATED!

Hi guys,

it's been a good 7 years since I took a break from guitars, gigs, recording, and all those musical adventures. Now I'm diving right back in and just got my hands on a used FM3 in amazing condition. Let's see where this musical journey leads! Back in the day, I used to rely on my trusty Hughes & Kettner Trilogy amp and a bunch of Boss stompboxes. I think the last digital effect I picked up was the Digitech RP250 and it was before i have the tube amp , it amaze me how the digital effect has advanced now.

ps : i'm using chatgpt to translate what i want to say from my language to english ( it's not my primary language ) i hope the translation is correct :D:D

Hi guys,

it's been a good 7 years since I took a break from guitars, gigs, recording, and all those musical adventures. Now I'm diving right back in and just got my hands on a used FM3 in amazing condition. Let's see where this musical journey leads! Back in the day, I used to rely on my trusty Hughes & Kettner Trilogy amp and a bunch of Boss stompboxes. I think the last digital effect I picked up was the Digitech RP250 and it was before i have the tube amp , it amaze me how the digital effect has advanced now.

ps : i'm using chatgpt to translate what i want to say from my language to english ( it's not my primary language ) i hope the translation is correct :D:D
Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome. Come on in.... :)

Hi all,

Just preordered an FXIII and looking forward to getting it - hopefully early-to-mid December.

Returning player after a looong hiaitus - 20+ years - and was never that good back then! Had a Boss GT-6 and the cheapest Ibanez I could find. I got to a point where I could, say, play the solo to Brick In the Wall Pt II, but only that I could play the correct notes in the correct order. Could never actually make it sound good. No finesse or polish.

Looking forward to getting back into it and developing an actual degree of skill. Hoping that using the FX will help compensate for my innate lack of capability! Still need to get a new guitar though...

Hi all,

Just preordered an FXIII and looking forward to getting it - hopefully early-to-mid December.

Returning player after a looong hiaitus - 20+ years - and was never that good back then! Had a Boss GT-6 and the cheapest Ibanez I could find. I got to a point where I could, say, play the solo to Brick In the Wall Pt II, but only that I could play the correct notes in the correct order. Could never actually make it sound good. No finesse or polish.

Looking forward to getting back into it and developing an actual degree of skill. Hoping that using the FX will help compensate for my innate lack of capability! Still need to get a new guitar though...
Welcome, @L-Plates! I think you'll find that the tone you get out of your Axe-Fx will inspire you to crank up your practicing. A lot of people report the same thing.

Hi all,

Hey there @L-Plates ,

Welcome to the Fractal community. Imho I dare to say that you just bought the best of the best.
As You didnt mention it I take it you didnt consider the output from your Fractal yet? I mean like headphones, FRFR CAB or CAB with a Solid State Amp combination etc? This is just as important for your tone as the Fractal is. But non the less, you can dial in forever to get YOUR tone, seriously no kidding its amazing. And what @Rex sayd about the tone and cranking up your practicing --> He is right ;)
Axe-edit has a feature called AxeChange... do visit there and audition some of the tones from the comunity, its a great influential starting point.

See you around

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom