Introduction thread

Sebastian

Power User
As there's no specific (sub) forum, I thought I start an Introduction thread here at the lounge...
Here's my post from Guitardojo's forum.

Hi fellow forumers,

I'm Sebastian from Germany, known as 'Saitenteufel' at most forums, but decided to take the chance
and change my name to something english speakers don't have to scratch their heads about.

I've been on the Axe-Fx setbb for a bit over a year but never introduced myself so I'll do it now.

I've been playing the guitar for almost 17 years, electric guitar since x-mas '95.

I play and gig with a "The Doors"-Cover/Tribute band, which exists for over five years (I co-founded the band).
We're playing most gigs locally (= around Frankfurt) but had also gigs all over Germany, too.
I also did some fill-in jobs with the "Bootleg Doors" (from the Netherlands), playing gigs in Germany, the Netherlands,
Spain and Scotland.

My own band is a Prog Jazz Rock trio (that's how we call it ;) ), we're playing instrumental originals.

And I'm setting up a new project / band with a drummer, genre is Prog Metal with Jazz influence and complex rhythms, to say the least.

I'm owning an Ultra for exactly two months now and it's getting better from day to day - the perfect tool for me!

Greetings,

Sebastian
formerly known as Saitenteufel

Ok, here it goes...

I am Matthew, original from the UK, but now living in the Bay Area. I've been around the Forum since November 07. I've had my Axe FX Ultra since May 2008. I mainly play in a praise and worship band. I've done some studio recording work, but most of my use for the Axe right now will be playing Live. My playing style is a mix of Edge, Lincoln Brewster etc.

For those of you that play in Churches we play music by people like Tim Hughes, Lincoln Brewster, Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Paul Baloche, etc.

I am finding like most here that the Axe just gets better and better as you go. It is a steep learning curve and you might not get what you want out of it on day one. I'm in my early 30s and have played guitar on and off for the past 17 years.

Fun thread, Sebastian.

"Hi. My name is Lopp and I am an Axeholic..."

Axe-Fx Standard since February '08. Started playing acoustic for a couple of years at age 10 and stopped because "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" haunted me at night. Then, thanks initially to Van Halen, the Scorpions, and Iron Maiden, played consistently since age 15 for the past 24 years. Previously used lots of Mesa Boogies (Quad, TriAxis, Recto, Mark IV) and even earlier used a 5150 and SansAmp gear along with some other minor stuff earlier and in between.

Dream tone is Rocky George's tone on his later Suicidal Tendencies albums, such as "Lights... Camera... Revolution!" and "Suicidal For Life." Other faves include George Lynch, Zakk Wylde, Greg Howe, Van Halen, and Doug Aldrich.

However...

I currently play in a 90's rock/pop/alt cover band, primarily using a toned down USA Lead 2 for rock, Brownface for cleans, and Plexi 2 for lighter crunch. The Recto New does get broken out for a couple of select songs. :twisted:

I also like long strolls on sunset-laced beaches, strawberries with whipped cream, light bondage.. Whoop... Wrong profile. :?

Hello all!

My name is Paco Casanovas, 30yrs old since a few days, i'm living in switzerland, playing geetar since almost 20yrs. My nick name is a hint to a well known musician.... my main guitar is an old Gibson ES-347..... :lol:
I'm a proud member of TGP since december 2004 (many thanks to scott lerner, who gave me the hint) were i read about the axe in Scott Peterson's monster thread (currently over 200 pages) a while ago. In march 2008 i was convinced enough to order an "Axe FX Standart" from G66.
Well i'm a hobby musician, with a living room studio playing all instruments.....
Beside of that i'm working fulltime as a service technician for a well know swiss distributor for proaudio & lighting gear.

almost forgot: i made a little album in june 2008, it's a free production (Creative Common Licence), Hope you guys like it, here is the link: http://www.pacocasanovas.ch/paco1.html
Enjoy

greetings
Paco

I'm Karl. :D Some of you might know me from the Line6 and Atomic Amp forums. I'm a prospective Fractal customer that will definitely be purchasing something from Fractal in the near future. I'm just waiting around to see what it is they're going to come up with next.

I've been playing guitar for almost 25 years now and have been in and out of bands for nearly that long. Currently, I'm playing in an 80's Hair band in the Richmond, VA (USA) area and I also sub in with my church's contemporary P&W team on occasion. I'm a Line6 X3 user right now, but that will change. I am VERY impressed with the Fractal brand.

Current gear that I use is the Line6 POD X3 and X3 Live into Atomic Reactors 112-50 and 212-50. Can't wait to hear what an Axe would sound like through that. I bet it would kill.

Mmmm not very popular thread it seems? Or maybe in the old forum there was a simillar thread? Anyways, I'm Fusion from Amstelveen (near Amsterdam) in the Netherlands. I make every kind of music, but mostly some mixture of progressive rock with some metal and even some stray jazz chord here and there. This project is called Mystic.

Some (extremely rough) sketches (still done with my Roland VG haha): http://www.soundclick.com/mysticnetherlands

Hello everyone. I've been in lurk mode forever on this forum and old. I usually don't say much and when I do... well you never know what to expect. Finally got a Standard model a few weeks back, big freaking mistake. I should have gotten it years ago! :D All the recording I have done over the last several years just sounds sub-standard compared to current potential. Cheers!

Hm dunno if this thread is dead or what, not too many replies. Well, I'm Daniel from a little city called Bergen on the west coast of Norway.

My setup consists of

Gibson Les Paul > Korg DT1000 > Axe FX > JBL PRX 512 M and a Rocktron All Access + HEX for switching.

I am not new to modeling, I've had plenty of Line 6 gear, and I think I've tried most of the competition. Also had a lot of tubes in my house during the last few years. Also have had tons and tons of different pedals.

I play in a few bands:

Devar = kinda melancholic metal / hardrock band with a twist of blackmetal.

in SPE = kinda postrock meets alternative rock

Novaja Semlja = kinda missing a few members from being a full band, but this is supposed to be my main musical occupation.

At daytime I work with developing photos and packagin them..real exciting.

The problem with this thread is that it's in the lounge. Who reads the lounge? Not me anyway. I stumbled over this by mistake. Just because it's about something besides the AFX. I think that people have a LOT to do with the AFX.

My name is Jocke Skog. I've been playing samples in Clawfinger since we made our first demo in 1990. We were lucky and sold >600 000 (1.5 million all together) albums of the first try. Been living from this since then, but been going more and more into the technical aspect of the whole recording, processing, mixing, mastering and performing process. After paying $50 000-60 000 each for our first three albums, learning a lot in the process, we decided to buy gear for 30 000 dollars and record our fourth album in 1998. The digital era was coming strong with the birth of the VST format in 1997 (96?), and that helped me a lot when I did my first clumsy attempts in guitar riffing. To make it listen able I learned to edit digital audio like a pro. Nowadays, I can do what I want with a DAW. Try me ;)

In 2000 we rented a place that was used as a project studio together with the band Meshuggah, that we've known since they were the support act back in 1995. The acoustics were terribly dry, so I started experimenting with Impulse Reverbs, and never looked back. When I heard that they were shutting down the Polar studios (Abba, Led Zeppelin, Genesis and many many more), I called them and went there the day before the actual demolition, and obtained room impulses from the Marble room, and the wooden room. We didn't have the best gear, but still. Anecdote.

I've also done FOH work and Light engineering. I actually did both FOH and lights for Meshuggah, when they forgot to call their FOH guy. It worked out well, so I continued to do so for a while. Fun times.

Today we still have the rehearsal place/studio that we named "Fear And Loathing Studios" (FALstudios). I work there when I have the time and money to do so. I also have two other part-time jobs with disabled people and elderly care. Not the coolest jobs, but I've been working with people all my life, so...

There you have it. Long post, but hopefully it's worth something.

Interesting post Clawfinger, I didn't know all that :)

I'm a 20 year old dude from Fredericksburg, VA, I've been playing guitar since I was 13 or 14 if I remember correctly, first band was a thrash band, we recorded a couple demos and played lots of shows in the area, nothing really came of it. Now I'm playing in the Richmond, VA based death/doom band Withersoul and I'm having a great time with that, before I joined they released a split album with Shroud of Bereavement on Oak Knoll Records, a little indie label from Massachusets, and we're currently working on our next release which will be a full album.

I was very skeptical of the AxeFx since I was (and still sort of am) a bit of a tube snob, but I'm very impressed with it. In the past I've used a Mesa Dual Rectifier, and most recently an ADA MP-1 through a Mesa 50/50. Now I'm using the AxeFx through the 50/50.

That's really about it :lol:

Here are some links for you!

http://www.withersoul.com <-- This takes you to Withersouls myspace.
http://www.mwtremblay.com <-- This is my little blog type site.

cheers!

Hi everyone

I am 57 years old and live in Bethlehem, PA. I was born in NC and grew up in Eastern Prince William County in VA. Zepp88 knows exactly where that is :D I have played in bands since I was 14 years old, playing all the military bases around D.C. I moved to the Lehigh Valley in the early 80's and my job prohibited my playing in a band. 15 years years a go, I started a band called CrazyHeart and it has turned into one of the most popular bands in the area. We play about 60 to 70 times a year. None of us in the band are trying to do this for living, we're all just having fun.

My day job is teaching school. I teach computer skills to elementary students and it's probably the best job in the world. I.ve been teaching for 13 years.

Like most people here, I have GAS :lol: I wish I had back the guitars I have sold. AND I think like a lot of people here, for years I have only owned tube amps. The last solid state amp I owned was a Vox Super Beatle :) That was in the late 60's.

I've had an AXE-FX standard since the end of June, 2008, so I am fairly new at this. I am more and more impressed with it as I use it. I haven't sold my tube amps and pedals yet, but they are getting fairly dusty.

I learned about the AXE-FX over at the Stomp Box forum. (Cliff should give Kewlpack one these units just from all the glowing reports he gives the unit.) I have owned PODs, Boss GT-x, Vox Tonelab, and I always hated the processed sound I ended up with.

Up until this year, I had never participated in any forums. One of the selling points ... to me... for the AXE was this forum. It's not easy shelling out this kind of $$ for a product you've never played. This purchase has been one the best I have made since I bought my first Telecaster :D I don't regret it one bit ,,, and my sound engineer thanks you also :lol:

Last, thanks to all the people that make this community possible.

Jim

Hey, everybody. I'm Tom (obviously). I'm a 24 year old from Texas. I mostly play metal, but I like to mess with all kinds of different amps, effects, and sounds, so of course the Axe-FX is a very appealing unit. I don't have one yet, but I've been GASsing for one for quite some time now, and I'm hoping to get one in the next month or two (probably going to pair it up with a solid state Carvin power amp, but I'm still mulling it over). Until then, I'm running a POD X3 into a tube power amp. I've been lurking on and off for months, so I finally decided to register. :D

Hi there, I am Steve, some of you might know me from sevenstring.org and metalguitarist.org

I'm an Aussie. I do not own a Axe FX, the poor exchange rate is doing it's best to prevent me from purchasing one but I am getting to the stage with my current rig where I think even at the price I would have to pay currently I would be better off, value wise not price wise. My current rig consists of an ENGL E530 running in the loop of a Pod X3 Live through a Mesa 20/20 and a Randall 212 cab as well as some other bits and pieces, it isn't complete yet. As well as using the Pod for FX I have started to use the Pod models as boost for the ENGL in various configurations. The tone is incredible but noise is a problem, because I am running it in stereo I would require two decimator pedals to keep it quiet, I also wish to create a 15 foot snake to connect the Pod to the ENGL, the price of these begs the question of value and whether it is worth spending that amount to make a pod work, however if I wanted to continue to use the ENGL in the loop of an Axe FX I would need the ultra otherwise I would still have the noise issues so it's a big step up in price.

I know a lot of people claim that the Axe FX is able to replace tube amps but I am not convinced yet and although I have heard some great clips recorded with the Axe FX I have not yet heard any that help change my mind and I am sceptical about being able to achieve the same live sound and feel I get from my current set up. I guess the only way I will know for sure is to get one and try it.

Hey, Steve! Nice to see another familiar face (or avatar or forum name or whatever) here. :D

I'm Thibault, born in France but living in Mauritius, a small island in the Indian Ocean, east coast of Madagascar. It's what we call an emerging country… To give you an idea, even if I earn three times the average salary here, my Standard (bought used for 1250 euros in France) costed me almost three months of salary. So I had to make some sacrifices to get one : sell a tube amp, a Digitech GSP1101 and a Variax, and that's the best decision I ever made regarding gear :cool:

I've been playing guitar since 1982, mostly using multieffects with cab sims and going direct. During all these years I used lots of different stuffs, Rockman, Art, Boss, POD, Zoom, DigiTech…. It's very hard to find gear here, there's only three small music shops with cheap stuff like Peavey Bandits or entry level Yamaha Pacificas, overpriced of course. So travelling abroad is a necessity to buy good gear.

I play in a pop-rock cover band, standard stuff like U2, Bryan Adams, Coldplay etc (and some Vai/Satriani stuff once in a while), but my main band is Feedback (see sig.). Feedback don't play that much, there's hardly a scene for what we do (light prog metal) here. But we do have a notoriety here, and are releasing an album soon, which I recorded at home. I hardly have a home studio, it's just a computer with a Creative Audigy soundcard. I played every instrument on the album (drums are sequenced), only the singing is from someone else, I can sing to save my life :lol: . I also mixed and mastered the album using every tip I could learn on the Andy Sneap forums…

Got my Standard in December and didn't used it live yet, my cover band is momentarily inactive. But I can't wait to share the stage with bands using Zooms :twisted:

So, i'll use this topic too to make my introduction to all you crazy axe-fx folks! :)

Hi everybody!
I am Christian from germany, and i am a proud ultra owner for exactly three days now! ;-)=
I play in two bands, mainly grooving and/or progressive rock music.

I am still learning how to use it properly, and am still undecided on the way i am going to use it live (power amp + 4x12" or FRFR), but i am already convinced, that this thing will replace my all-tube amp(s)!

Having a place like this was one major part in convincing me to spend this lot of money, and i don't regret it!

So, on to finally programming the sounds i hear in my head.. :)

Thanks for having me,
quasimono

Hello,

My name is Dave. I'm Porkchop Xpress on all of those other guitar forums as well.
I'm in the US Air Force and currently stationed in the UK (Been here since 05, but moving back to the states in June). I've lived in a few states (RI, MA, SC, TX, MI, NJ), and I lived in Okinawa Japan for 6 years.
I have a wife, three kids and two dogs. They are my whole world, which is why I don't play my guitars much anymore.
I've owned a guitar since I was 8 (1984), but I still haven't really learned how to play. Seriously, I'm self-taught and never learned the "right way" to play. I'm starting online courses with Berklee College of Music in September. I'm going for the Master in Guitar Cert program. Nervous, but can't wait.

Anyways, Ive been a gear junkie (as much as finances will allow) for a while now. I'm currently selling off some gear to finance my Ultra purchase and everything I need with it. I got really into effects pedals for a while. Here is the board I'm selling off right now! Lol...
IMG_4526.jpg

I'll probably keep the 2880 and the Timefactor, but depending on the delay quality of the Ultra, I might sell that off as well. I really want to get into direct recording more because I don't have time in my life to be in a band. I like places online like Cyberjammin and Guitarjammers because they still lert me feel like I'm connected to some musical world. I am excited to get the Ultra. It sounds amazing from what I've heard.

There I go talking about gear again. Anyways, see you around the forum...

Karl Houseknecht said:
I'm Karl. :D Some of you might know me from the Line6 and Atomic Amp forums.

ha,ha nice to see you here too Karl.

My name is Rodrigo. I'm xtrabt (Line6) or rodabt on many forums out there. I currently live in Chile but I'm moving to Germany real soon (Berlin). I work as an independant IT Consultant for the Chilean Government mainly with database modelling, data warehousing, data mining and data quality. Got a wife and a little 3 year old girl. Been playing guitar since 15 (now I'm 33) but never got the chande to study seriously. I'm mostly into metal, but love lots of other styles. I love to sing and play bass too, not a "virtuoso" but I do my best.

Being a Line6 user for years I've decided to take the plunge and get me "the real thing", well I mean an Axe-Fx Ultra :D on July ( hope there will be some stock left ;) ). Never had a chance to test one out but the reviews are overwhelming.

Wir sehen uns wieder!

P.s.: I'm still learning German... :)

Back
Top Bottom