FM3 Firmware Version 9.00

So you've skipped the FW8 requirements?

From release notes of that version:
Thanks - >
Maybe? Actually I reset my main patches via the Preset Management Tool - not sufficient?

Maybe should I move back to 7, hence install 8 and then 9. Hope it's not true....lot of time.

Thanks - >
Maybe? Actually I reset my main patches via the Preset Management Tool - not sufficient?

Maybe should I move back to 7, hence install 8 and then 9. Hope it's not true....lot of time.
You did what, exactly, in Manage Presets?

There should be no need to go to 8 before 9 that I'm aware of.

I don't have good hears....but I really notice a clear improvement on how the amp (deluxe reverb on my case) reacts on volume and tone knobs of my guitar! Am I the only one?

Is there a way to uninstall the dynacabs?
Dont need them so i would like to prefer the fast boot instead.
Unfortunately, there is no way to uninstall them. There's a thread over in the FM3 Wish List sub-forum on this topic. Some users who don't use dynacabs would prefer to have a faster boot time. We were musing about having some kind of system preference to disable dynacabs. I expect there are issues if dynacabs are used with factory presets. I think if Fractal could have offered this as an easily switchable option, they would have.

The Tremoloes are lovely, but can someone tell me what's the difference between Optical trem 1 and 2? They sound the same for me, all other Types have signifficant differences!

You did what, exactly, in Manage Presets?

There should be no need to go to 8 before 9 that I'm aware of.
I select the presets, click right and then "Reset the Amp blocks".

Anyway, just tried the soft reset by selecting another Amp, going back and save, same results : less punch and treble, lack of clarity in clean or slightly break up sounds.

To compare I have a copy of the FW7 presets in the same bank. The difference is really very obvious

Sound like over compressed, this time it's on my tentative of a Gilmour patch with a shiver clean channel and a Hipower jumped Amp.

I'm going to reinstall FW9 and also restore my system backup.

I select the presets, click right and then "Reset the Amp blocks".

Anyway, just tried the soft reset by selecting another Amp, going back and save, same results : less punch and treble, lack of clarity in clean or slightly break up sounds.

To compare I have a copy of the FW7 presets in the same bank. The difference is really very obvious
There's no need to reset the amp blocks and doing so will reset many parameters that you may have tweaked. Just use the presets as they were.

There's no need to reset the amp blocks and doing so will reset many parameters that you may have tweaked. Just use the presets as they were.
Ah I love that, as that's how I like the sound ❤️❤️❤️👍. You saved my weekend!
(edit : just for info. I compared all Amp block pages on two presets but actually did not find any differences between the patch I reset via the preset manager and it's original). Howbeit, it's OK for me, very happy with the smoother scene and patch transfers even wo going to the setup page and ready to check the new goodies. Thanks for your help all of you. Love this forum.

Last edited:
You can uninstall the Dyna-Cabs like this...

A) Backup everything for safety.
B) Reinstall fw8.
C) Install fw9 without installing Dyna-Cabs.
D) Works fine here.

Note: I haven't done it this way, rather I replaced FW8 with fw9b1, so that might be needed if the above has a problem.
Once you've installed them, they are installed as far as I'm aware.

Once you've installed them, they are installed as far as I'm aware.
I think when there's a requirement to upgrade the Dyna-Cabs file, then any previously installed Dyna-Cabs files are wiped by the new firmware installer script, at least that is how it appears between fw8 and fw9b1.

Perhaps Fractal could verify?

Worst case you could install pre Dyna-Cab firmware first etc, but the steps in my previous post worked for me.

You can uninstall the Dyna-Cabs like this...

A) Backup everything for safety.
B) Reinstall fw8.
C) Install fw9 without installing Dyna-Cabs.
D) Works fine here.

Note: I haven't done it this way, rather I replaced FW8 with fw9b1, so that might be needed if the above has a problem.
As I understand it, the memory used by Dyna-Cabs was reserved for future use and not used by the system in previous versions of the firmware. Reverting to an older firmware won’t purge the cabs/uninstall them or release the memory.

Pre Dyna-Cab versions of the firmware don’t look for the cabs so they won’t say whether the cabs exist in memory. And Dyna-Cab-aware versions will see they exist and not complain until the installed Dyna-Cabs are stale according to the firmware, then it will complain and want its related cabs.

So, basically, there’s nothing of benefit by trying to purge the memory.

As I understand it, the memory used by Dyna-Cabs was reserved for future use and not used by the system in previous versions of the firmware. Reverting to an older firmware won’t purge the cabs/uninstall them or release the memory.

Pre Dyna-Cab versions of the firmware don’t look for the cabs so they won’t say whether the cabs exist in memory. And Dyna-Cab-aware versions will see they exist and not complain until the installed Dyna-Cabs are stale according to the firmware, then it will complain and want its related cabs.

So, basically, there’s nothing of benefit by trying to purge the memory.
I think some people are more concerned about the additional boot time required.

I haven't tested the method described, but it seems reasonable that it could work. I had DCs installed when upgrading to v9 and got the warning message they weren't installed. Maybe someone can test it and let us know.

Back
Top Bottom