FM3 Firmware Version 9.00

I think a mix would be a nice addition. I notice the sensitivity works not like what I thought it would. Lower is more effect and higher is less. Guess that means it kicks in at a lower level and seems more pronounced as a result. Higher you need to hit it harder so less pronounced? Beats me but I really like this thing. You can add a mix by putting a shunt around the filter, and a mixer block after both filter and shunt. That allows you to set levels on both. That's how I set up my previous versions of a Mutron. This new one is better, it's legit.
The sensitivity is more like a threshold.

Are you set to the correct input?

Do you have a digital connection with wrong clock settings?
I have spdif connected to my RME UCX. I've had this setup since day 1 with the FM3 & every update(including the 9.0 beta's) so this is new. It's just incredibly difficult to tune the guitar now.

I have spdif connected to my RME UCX. I've had this setup since day 1 with the FM3 & every update(including the 9.0 beta's) so this is new. It's just incredibly difficult to tune the guitar now.
Did you check your clock setting?

Did you check the input assigned to tuner?

Sometimes settings can change unexpectedly during firmware updates even though they shouldn't.

I don't know what happened but after I updated firmware 9.00 and turned it off and on again as usual and just some high gain noise coming out from my headphone with out 1 clip red light on... I was surprised and changed preset and it was gone.. now I'm updating Dynacab hopefully it's not happening again... 🤔

Edit : after updated Dyancab thankfully it's working great.. the preset making noise was using Dynacab so I guess that was some crash between newer firmware and old Dynacab..

Last edited:
The update went smoothly, the change in feel is there, I mainly use “cascading gain” amps and not so much power amp saturation.
@tmingle : for what is worth, I used the tuner (not in full screen, but the little tuner on the top of the screen, as shown in the main display) without any problem (and I’m not in standard but dropped to A, B or D).

And now FM9 and FM3 users can revel in getting something before the Axe Fx III... The MuTron!

That’s cool! How does it sound?
Do you have to attach modifiers to it, like you previously had to do to get an envelope filter sound? Or does it work straight out of the box?

Back
Top Bottom