FM3 Firmware Version 9.00

New Envelope Filter type in the Filter block. This is based on the classic Mutron™ (aka “touch-wah”, “auto-wah”) effect. Default values match the original pedal but there are also some modern touches:

This is amazing!! Just loving my quickly thrown together "I want to break free" solo sounds, the Envelope Filter feels like it was made for that song! Thank you FAS!!

I don't know what happened but after I updated firmware 9.00 and turned it off and on again as usual and just some high gain noise coming out from my headphone with out 1 clip red light on... I was surprised and changed preset and it was gone.. now I'm updating Dynacab hopefully it's not happening again... 🤔

Edit : after updated Dyancab thankfully it's working great.. the preset making noise was using Dynacab so I guess that was some crash between newer firmware and old Dynacab..
Same experience here.
The Dynacabs in the selected preset were the Recto Straight (condenser / dynamic 1)

Wow, what an update! I tried the new Amp and Drive algos in the beta and they are absolute fantastic, but now the Mutron emulation in the Filter Block. Very delicious. I tried it also with two Blocks in parallel behind the Amp/Cab Block with different settings and detector switched to "Input". So nice stereo Filter FX can be made.
What else I noticed in the filter block: In the two Comb Modes, the internal LFO has no impact, so only static sounds are possible!

Thank you so much for this holiday gift
Tom

Still 2 gigs before getting back my gear at home. Can’t wait to install this update!

Cant wait to see if the new ev could replace my lovely guyatone wr2!

Hi Peope.

In this firmware 9.0 I noticed a significant increase in the DSP of my fm3, increasing up to 3% in the DSP, reaching the processor limit and in some presets it even crashed..., I will have to reduce the quality of the Reverb and eliminate some effect... But has anyone had this problem?

Hi Peope.

In this firmware 9.0 I noticed a significant increase in the DSP of my fm3, increasing up to 3% in the DSP, reaching the processor limit and in some presets it even crashed..., I will have to reduce the quality of the Reverb and eliminate some effect... But has anyone had this problem?
Yes I see that with my presets even compared to v9 beta 2. One preset that I use a lot now hovers slightly over 80%. No crash yet.

Hi Peope.

uhm... I have the opposite result:
Comparison between 9.00 beta and 9.00 final, about 2% less

Screenshot 2024-08-30 alle 16.25.02.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 alle 16.39.20.png

Ok odd question. Tried the new envelope filter and it's barely doing anything. Listened to Leon's vid and...sounds nothing like that. Tested some of my manual envelope filter set ups and those also don't sound like they should, like there a mix control somewhere turned down from 100%. Any ideas?

EDIT: NM, user error.

Last edited:
Updated, no problems. CPU wise it's on the ballpark of previous fw. Tremolo are da thing!
I heard something like gainier amps in my mine preset, perhaps they are RANFized now... I like it, just a bit of adjust of gain and high (from last beta).

Ok odd question. Tried the new envelope filter and it's barely doing anything. Listened to Leon's vid and...sounds nothing like that. Tested some of my manual envelope filter set ups and those also don't sound like they should, like there a mix control somewhere turned down from 100%. Any ideas?

EDIT: NM, user error.
PEBKAC eventually claims us all

Reactions: Rex
Actually came from FW7 and the lack of punch for clean sounds in this FW9 is bothering me a lot. Plex 1987x is a disaster. No problem with distorted sounds but it all seems flatter, less dynamics. Some air on the cab brings some relief but not to my expectations for the time being. Will do a new install, if nothing gets better I'm back to 7 tomorrow.

Actually came from FW7 and the lack of punch for clean sounds in this FW9 is bothering me a lot. Plex 1987x is a disaster. No problem with distorted sounds but it all seems flatter, less dynamics. Some air on the cab brings some relief but not to my expectations for the time being. Will do a new install, if nothing gets better I'm back to 7 tomorrow.
So you've skipped the FW8 requirements?

From release notes of that version:

NEW CYGNUS X-3 AMP MODELING

Cygnus X-3 is the latest amp modeling technology for Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3. It improves the sound, feel, and accuracy of the models, making them closer to their real world counterparts, with more rumble and bite and other nasty things that tube amps do.

• Nearly all amps have been “remastered” using new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
    • Existing presets are NOT altered. A hard or soft reset will load the updated values.

Back
Top Bottom