Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan Drago, when asked about the teams that have to port the firmware updates to the FM3 and FM9...

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.
How the hell can you still find things to improve? Adding pedals nad amps I understand, but how do you know where to look and find what can be improved? Tjeez. Awesome and a big thank you. Harm

I just quickly switched amp type to FAS Stealth Blue and it made me very happy. Kind of Timmons-like dynamics when dialing things back but with a heavier amp (by default anyway). Very rich and dynamic. Can't wait to play more!

Yes, that's the perfect description. Normally the highest gain channel of a metal amp does one thing only, and dialing back on your volume knob gives you little to play with, but this model is a different story.

As a Plexi is to rock 'n roll, the FAS Stealth Blue is to metal. Not only do you get the best of what the iconic tones of the genre have achieved, but you unlock everything else your guitar can do too, without even switching channels.

is that for real pedals when used in the loop only or also when going straigjt into the input of the Axe?
Should be improved for either approach as the AMP block doesn't know, specifically, what input is feeding it signal. Front input, of course, has the variable impedance on it which can impact how a pedal sounds.

Edit: To add: I've only tried pedals in the loop so far but things are definitely working very well in the loop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom