Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had time to open your preset, but I wonder if what you're having trouble with is this:
I appreciate the idea. However, it's hard to wrap my head around the idea that if I went a bought a multi-thousand dollar Trainwreck, it would be unusable unless I modified it. This sounds like you put a fuzz on it and cranked the bias until it cuts in and out. An effect for sure, but hard to imagine this is it's intent - as always, I could be crackin smoke.

I appreciate the idea. However, it's hard to wrap my head around the idea that if I went a bought a multi-thousand dollar Trainwreck, it would be unusable unless I modified it. This sounds like you put a fuzz on it and cranked the bias until it cuts in and out. An effect for sure, but hard to imagine this is it's intent - as always, I could be crackin smoke.

If cutting in and out is the problem, then I do think blocking distortion is what you're hearing. I'm guessing the amp was built not to be pushed in that way, that maybe it's intended for pedals to do that work. I don't know a ton about Trainwrecks in general, so probably someone else could weigh in on why such an incredibly expensive amp would feature such intense blocking distortion.

The FAS model is the 'original' Stealth that people wanted after Cliff corrected some 'mistakes' in it.
Maybe, maybe not. He might have completely whipped up a new one. Did he tell you this? Not that it isn't, just saying it could've been tweaked some.

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.
a cartoon cat laying on the floor with the words sufferin ' succotash

Attachments

• 1723165953833.png
    1723165953833.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
I hate conspiracys , but here I go. Has anybody thought the newest models kind of have an edge on the previous ones ? Ex. EVH Stealth, JCM 800 2203, as if Cliff is refining his modeling approach ? Could be all in the head of course

I hate conspiracys , but here I go. Has anybody thought the newest models kind of have an edge on the previous ones ? Ex. EVH Stealth, JCM 800 2203, as if Cliff is refining his modeling approach ? Could be all in the head of course
CONSPIRACY ALERT: When Peavey redesigned the 5150 III into the Stealth models I think they tried to make it better to sell more amps. Unbelievable! What will the shadow cabals think of next?

The Wrecker Exp brt and Express seem to be broken? I understand the new models will be more spitty, but these are like bit crushed with heavy gate even at medium gain. Attached preset to look at. Thanks!
Yeah, that does sound like there might be something not quite aligning with the correct values. Perhaps someone with more experience with the Wrecker amps can also chime in. For what its worth, it did sound like the Liverpool and Rocket variants in the same preset, were behaving much better, to my ears. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom