Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wrecker Exp brt and Express seem to be broken? I understand the new models will be more spitty, but these are like bit crushed with heavy gate even at medium gain. Attached preset to look at. Thanks!

Attachments

• K. Fischer - NJ.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.
I just did the new FW27 update - Now there is an error message on my screen, " INCORRECT DYNA-CAB FILE VERSION " ....What do I do now ?

The Wrecker Exp brt and Express seem to be broken? I understand the new models will be more spitty, but these are like bit crushed with heavy gate even at medium gain. Attached preset to look at. Thanks!

I haven't had time to open your preset, but I wonder if what you're having trouble with is this:

That amp exhibits a lot of blocking distortion (in the phase inverter) due to its design. You can reduce this via either the PI Bias Excursion or Master Bias Excursion parameters.

Another option is to use the FAS Express model which puts some resistors between the last triode stage and the PI to reduce the bias excursion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom