Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wrecker Exp brt and Express seem to be broken? I understand the new models will be more spitty, but these are like bit crushed with heavy gate even at medium gain. Attached preset to look at. Thanks!
That's what they sound like. I just compared the model to the real amp and the model is spot on. Do a reset of the block to be sure you have all the parameters at default.

They're player's amps. They're meant for use with low-output pickups and a light touch. If you use a Dimarzio Dick Crusher pickup and a mason's hammer as a plectrum you're not going to get good results.

That's what they sound like. I just compared the model to the real amp and the model is spot on. Do a reset of the block to be sure you have all the parameters at default.

They're player's amps. They're meant for use with low-output pickups and a light touch. If you use a Dimarzio Dick Crusher pickup and a mason's hammer as a plectrum you're not going to get good results.

watching arrested development GIF

Now Dimarzio needs to create a pickup called "Dick Crusher":grinning:

I did my first gig last night with Beta 27.00 using plexi 50W 6CA7 and it was really fun, the amp felt so good and extremely articulated.

For my next GIG I will reduce the PI bias Excursion as I find the default value make fast lead passage "over chocking or farting".

Last edited:

1723214688236.jpeg

I hate conspiracys , but here I go. Has anybody thought the newest models kind of have an edge on the previous ones ? Ex. EVH Stealth, JCM 800 2203, as if Cliff is refining his modeling approach ? Could be all in the head of course
On a more serious note though, it does seem like Cliff has been knocking it out of the park with amp choices, models, and algorithm improvements lately. Conidering that the Class-A 30W Brilliant, Brit 800 2203 High, and 5153 100W Stealth Red are top three on the favorite amps poll recently, and this FAS Stealth seems like a slam dunk as well.

I'm sure some of it is that every amp is sounding the best it ever has and the new amps are just the ones people have been experiencing the improvements on, but thay also all seem to be phenomenal models in their own right too.

Thanks for looking at it :cool:

ā€œā€¦.Dick Crusher pickupā€

šŸ˜³

šŸ¤£šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚

On a more serious note though, it does seem like Cliff has been knocking it out of the park with amp choices, models, and algorithm improvements lately. Conidering that the Class-A 30W Brilliant, Brit 800 2203 High, and 5153 100W Stealth Red are top three on the favorite amps poll recently, and this FAS Stealth seems like a slam dunk as well.

I'm sure some of it is that every amp is sounding the best it ever has and the new amps are just the ones people have been experiencing the improvements on, but thay also all seem to be phenomenal models in their own right too.
I think some of it is also the excitement over new amp models. ā€œNew Amp Model Added: Class-A 30W Brilliantā€ will get more people trying that amp than anything the rest of us could do.

I will also note that, as someone who uses the classic Plexi 100W as my main amp, that itā€™s gotten a few updates/overhauls this year, which I very much appreciated.

Anybody have recorded something with a plexi or a 2203 with this beta?

Really curious.
No recording to share at the moment, but just had a test drive with the 2203. It now sounds really, really close compared to my 2203 JMP from the same era. 2203 sounds really raw now and itā€™s even more dynamic, just like itā€™s supposed to be.

I remember the times when Marshall models sounded thin and ice picky with low master volume (around 2) and treble cranked (around 8-9), but the latest updates have fixed that. At least the 2203 sounds great even with these settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom