Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.
Cliff, you keep catching me off guard. lol. With the amount of improvements contained in 26.xx, I wouldn’t have been surprised if we’d been static with 26.02 for the remainder of the summer. But damn, I’m further blown away now with 27.00b! For me, there is now a greater sonic difference between the different amps in our black box, and the feel when playing is nothing short of amazing! It’s above my pay grade to identify what changes you and team implemented, that are directly responsible for this, but I truly thank you guys for the continued hard work and dedication to keep making the AxeFX3 the best creative tool available! Rock on,
Lee

This:

"NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting."

is not only a mastery of improvement, but a pinnacle of the work of a great mind. Thank you Cliff, much much appreciated and in owe of your precise modeling approach.

So glad I took the plunge on a AF3 Turbo during the summer sale! Being able to download these tasty updates right away and not waiting for them to trickle down to the other hardware is awesome!

Every preset I tried including presets with amps like the AC-20, AC-30 Brilliant, Matchless, Marshalls, Friedmans, Revv, etc. All just sound incredible! I mean they already did but they somehow came alive even more! Constantly amazed how Cliff continues to improve the modeling more and more when it feels like it’s already amazingly realistic…

Keep up the great work Cliff!

any more easter eggs apart from the fas stealth blue ? FAS Stealth blue is 50w right unlike the actual model similar to the beta of the same(the official stealth blue was 50w in its beta iirc) ?

How is everybody finding the punchier feeling that cliff describes for the new power amp ?

Last edited:
Spitting artifacts!

llama watching GIF

Thanks for this!!
FAS stealth blue is great. Normally when I play a high gain amp with my baritone tuned in Bb standard I always have to tighten up the low end, mostly through the amps pre-EQ block. The FAS stealth is the first amp I don't have to do this and additionally I find myself raising Bass and Depth. After taking it for a spin my first impression is that FAS stealth blue is as gainy as the stealth red channel but has a tad more mids?
Anyway, what a great addition! Thanks Cliff!!

Ok,
after playing for a while with the FAS stealth blue I can say: I am home. Finally! I've been an axe fx user since the II came out and I have always been amazed by the tones this magic black box produces. But this amp is ending my quest for "my" tone for what I want to do in the realms of contemporary metal. Not that I wasn't happy with the tones before (Herbert, CCV, Atomica, Stealth Red were my main go-to amps), but FAS stealth blue is just something else.
Cliff, can you elaborate what how your version differs from the "regular" stealth blue channel? That would be great.

Happy playing everyone!

Again Cliff shows he is in it for passion. I'll say what has been said many times. Best musical purchase I have ever made. Changed my life, and only second to my son, helped me beat depression. Can't wait to try the FAS Stealth blue with those recent dyna cabs! Appreciate all you do Cliff🙏💪Ty

Just gave the new beta a spin. It sounds pretty great! The upper-mid punch is FANTASTIC. I was missing it a bit in 26.xx, though I didn't get much time with those FWs, but this current beta sounds aggressive in the way I like all my tones to sound.

Re. the FAS Stealth Blue, excellent tones. Really does well without a boost in front, imo, probably one of the best amps in that particular scenario. There was a slight "thud" sound (similar to the pop that occurred with the CAB block preamp type changes in previous FWs) when I moved the depth from 3 to 6 using Axe Edit to type in the knob value, but I only encountered that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom