AX8 V7.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well WOW! I'm the guy who usually don't notice any big changes between the updates... Quantum 1 was probably the first time and NOW Q7 is the second time.

I made a new preset. Recto 1 red for Amp and CK Trad 57-121 01 from the CabPack7 for Cab. Rolled some bass and Master down... That's it! Best Rectifier tone ever, that was made!

Is there any way to get the old F146 cab? it is my most used factory cab.

not familiar with the cab you are referring to but you could make an ir of the cab by sending a test signal through the ax8 and then put in back in as a user cab. fractal may frown on that but I personally feel like if we own those cabs by owning the unit we should be able to mix and manipulate as we please. This is something I would like to see as a feature added is to export those cabs into cab lab so we could add eq etc.

Well WOW! I'm the guy who usually don't notice any big changes between the updates... Quantum 1 was probably the first time and NOW Q7 is the second time.

I made a new preset. Recto 1 red for Amp and CK Trad 57-121 01 from the CabPack7 for Cab. Rolled some bass and Master down... That's it! Best Rectifier tone ever, that was made!

The Rectos were among the amps that benefited most from the new algorithms. If you want that Recto crunch but not so flubby and fizzy try the SOLO models. They're much brighter so I turn the treble down quite a bit.

The Rectos were among the amps that benefited most from the new algorithms. If you want that Recto crunch but not so flubby and fizzy try the SOLO models. They're much brighter so I turn the treble down quite a bit.

I've noticed this. To start, I've never been a particularly huge Recto fan. I've always thought they're like... oatmeal. Oatmeal, like Mesa Rectos, always seems to be both mushy and sloppy, yet dry and flaky all at the same time. In this way, I've always thought Rectos are unsatisfying in both its bass and its treble ranges. A lot of high gain amps either have satisfying highs and clarity at the expense of girth or fatness, or sound big and fat in a satisfying way, but are lacking in high end clarity. The Recto somehow manages to miss both of these marks, for me anyway.

To this end, I've always thought the Axe's Rectos, even when more high end was EQ'd in to kind of artificially add sizzle, sounded a bit dull and lacked "impact" during things like palm mutes or even single notes picked particularly hard. Basically playing through Rectos have always kind of sounded to me like an exciting story being told by a sleepy, unenergectic person.

Not anymore though. There's more... well not so much *gain*, but crunch and what seems like more definition now, and the Master volume control allows fine tuning of this, and has suddenly gained a lot more usable range. They're still dark amps, but now they feel more reactive and alive. Maybe they've sounded like this for a while, but this firmware has caused me to focus a lot more on them for some reason, and I really like them.

Last edited:
not familiar with the cab you are referring to but you could make an ir of the cab by sending a test signal through the ax8 and then put in back in as a user cab. fractal may frown on that but I personally feel like if we own those cabs by owning the unit we should be able to mix and manipulate as we please. This is something I would like to see as a feature added is to export those cabs into cab lab so we could add eq etc.
That's true, and I could, but I think I will have to go through all my presets anyway after next gig (and this update). I will probably just stop using F146 and replace with one of the many very nice Marshall IRs I bought recently (but haven't had enough time to thoroughly test)

Thanks for the tip! I've always ended up using Recto sounds. They are fizzy and they are flubby and some might even say shitty, but i just love the tone they deliver. Q7 really gave these models a kick in the nuts and made them smooth like a butter.

Next stop: SOLO city

Thank you for portion of the release note that said **"You will want to re set the amp block" in the past sometimes that is mentioned sometimes not. @joe rogers is it a good idea to always to this?

Team FAS you rock!!!

I've never been a beta tester before... Shirley 2 is pretty fun! Tuner on ax8 edit still cuts out audio when you exit, have to restart unit to get it back.

I've never been a beta tester before... Shirley 2 is pretty fun! Tuner on ax8 edit still cuts out audio when you exit, have to restart unit to get it back.

I did this tonight and did NOT experience this problem. FWIW! I have the tuner assigned to F3, and used that to enter and exit the tuner mode. I have the tuner set to play audio while tuning.

I mute while tuning. Will double check this tonight when I get home and install the beta.

Added five new cabs comprised of our favorite mixes from several of our latest cab packs (only available for XL and XL+):
  • 1x12 Class-A 15W Mix
  • 1x15 Vibrato Verb Mix
  • 2x12 Class-A 30W Mix
  • 4x10 SuperVerb Mix
  • 4x12 Greenback Mix
So...... the AX8 doesn't have these?

Does anyone's else's unit make crackling noises when adjusting drive or other knobs? I don't know if that's normal or not. Very evident on the new 800 #34 (which sounds awesome). But all the knobs make a crackling noise while turning.

I tried loading this up, my main preset i use is a Solo 100 and it was clipping like crazy. Not sure how to adjust it. Went back to old firmware for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom