Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

I just dialed in a really nice DC-30 patch with the Producer Pack IR. Really, really, nice.

And then, forgot to save it... LOL!!! Time for bed I think.

Saved the IR mix though. And it will be easy to remember the settings I had.

Damn it... Instead of reading the forum I've been playing guitar for the last couple hours, when I could have been loading up the newest FW and playing with more new amps!

How is the Chieftain different than the DC-30?

I'll be expecting that signature Matchless 'ground glass on velvet' tones that (for me) define country music.

How is the Chieftain different than the DC-30?

I'll be expecting that signature Matchless 'ground glass on velvet' tones that (for me) define country music.

A bazillion times different; the DC-30 is THE original classic Sampson-era Matchless tone. Open the Master up to about 6 or 7, then dial up the preamp gain to taste. Treble up around 8. As you dial the preamp gain up, dial the bass down. Instant karma. Exceptionally reactive to your pickups and touch on the instrument; it's ALL about the nuances you pull out with your fingers and attack.

The screen voltage vs. Preamp voltages thingy sounds pretty interesting. The "loadline" of the power supply as a huge influence on feel, note bloom, chewy wathever you might call it. I guess the ODS Lead 3 is already a damn fine example regarding this.... I love the feel of that model now looking forward to test beta 5 :)

Saying - the ODS Lead 3 in the axefx2 is beating the analog world!!!

Delay and Multi-Delay blocks feedback parameters now have a range of -100% to 100%. This allows interesting effects via out-of-phase feedback.

so negative values mean out of phase feedback? how does this work? in what situation will you use it?
And do you have to reprogram all your delay presets if you want to stay at your 'old' feedback values?
I am waiting for the official update so I can not check it now.
Really like it that the effect section gets a little more attention in the updates. Good work FAS!

Where is (# in the amp list) the DC 30?
I see (in Axe Edit) the Maz 8 and the other... but no DC 30 nor "Matchbox DC30"

so goooooooood this AXE FX ! love all these continuous evolution to make our amps more real... hope continue this great work in the drive blocks.
:eagerness: FAS team

Thanks Cliff !!!!

FTR 37 and DC-30 YES SIR !!!!!!!!!

Two modern day classics and arguably THE classics from /13 and Matchless.

There are a lot of amps out there and I'm sure we'll collectively never stop lusting and asking Cliff for more models.
Me, I'm now only lusting and wishing for:

Bruno Underground 30

Skrydstrup OD 50

Skrydstrup SD 50

Dumble SSS

Kelley Single Channel Reverb amp

Marshall Superbass

Matchless Clubman

Happy New Year to everybody
RB

so negative values mean out of phase feedback? how does this work? in what situation will you use it?
And do you have to reprogram all your delay presets if you want to stay at your 'old' feedback values?
I am waiting for the official update so I can not check it now.
Really like it that the effect section gets a little more attention in the updates. Good work FAS!

It looked like it kept my old values.
Examples will be forth coming on what you can do with it. but you can do everything from playing with stereo field to phasing effects, to negative flanging effects (very short delay).

Beta 5 is up. See OP.

Probably last beta before final release.

IMO, this one is highly recommended. Using the power amp screen voltage as a input to the preamp really improves the feel.

Cliff, I was up all night putting this new Beta through its paces. What an incredible difference.

Really nice!!!!

Thanks again,
Bonkers

Back
Top Bottom