whats going to be in 6.03?

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

Of course there will be new amp and drive models as well as other improvements.

Hello, Its great to hear your working on the effects algorithms. especially the reverb I would love to hear something as nice as a TC reverb 4000/ system 6000. You certainly have the processing power not that you need a tun of it but it helps.

Either way I would gladly give up 40% of the processing power for at least one really nice reverb algorithm with 28 lines of delay tweaked out. I know it doesn't matter alot when your playing live but for recording it would be nice. I would think there are alot more home project studio people useing the AXE vs people playing out IMHO.

having a reverb like that TC system..would be really awesome!
maybe with III version of the axe and the new processor which got released!

i have a good feeling that 7.0 is close.......

i have a good feeling about your good feeling. whether that's just to do with the sheer volume of tea i've drunk so far today, or the heady cocktail of narcotics and alcohol coursing through my system, i'm not sure, but i like it nonetheless.

Hopefully a newer version of Axe-Edit will accompany 7.0? Current version has been "buggy" in regard to downloaded patches from other forum members. It's a hit or miss on which patch it wants to download....

I think it's going to be a while (at least a couple of weeks), since there is a bunch of amp models that are going to added. I bet those take alot of time.

I would love to hear something as nice as a TC reverb 4000/ system 6000. You certainly have the processing power not that you need

This is EXACTLY what I was expecting from the Axe and was a bit let down by the current onboard reverb. I have a TON of convolution reverb impulses and my go to are a collection from the TC 6000, and I was hoping I could use 1 within the Axe but it's a no go. Those reverbs sound sooo good to my ears. It would be more than awesome to have the reverb within the Axe be of that type of quality. Let's hope that 7.0 brings some killer reverb! :)

So what we have so far that has been revealed:

Amps:
Friedman - Dirty Shirley
Herbert
VH4 (at least ch 3)
Soldano X99 Rhythm from Ultra
Divided by 13 CJ11 - forgot that one

New Drive Models

Improved tuner stabilty

New Preamp dynamic modeling

Tape delay algorithm extended to chorus and flanger

Improved Reverb

Last edited:
Hello, Its great to hear your working on the effects algorithms. especially the reverb I would love to hear something as nice as a TC reverb 4000/ system 6000. You certainly have the processing power not that you need a tun of it but it helps.

Either way I would gladly give up 40% of the processing power for at least one really nice reverb algorithm with 28 lines of delay tweaked out. I know it doesn't matter alot when your playing live but for recording it would be nice. I would think there are alot more home project studio people useing the AXE vs people playing out IMHO.

I wouldnt!
40% is a lot.
Now if there were a lo and hi res mode of the Reverb that would be great. Whe you have the extra cpu, you can use the hi-res otherwise you could use something equivalent to today reverb.
I'm not concerned about recording at home, there are plenty of convolution reverbs for that.

There are A LOT of people that play out with the axe-fx. I don't think anyone has the data to say more home use or more live (I do both)

The system 6000 seems pretty processor intensive.

Anyway I am all for improved reverb but I sure hope if the there is a choice in hi cpu/low cpu, that is does take much more of a cpu hit.

So what we have so far that has been revealed:

Amps:
Friedman - Dirty Shirley
Herbert
VH4 (at least ch 3)
Soldano X99 Rhythm from Ultra

While that is a great list of metal amps, to avoid being pigeonholed, a 1964 Super Reverb with proper IR would do more to appeal to a mass audience.

Back
Top Bottom