whats going to be in 6.03?

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

As a Reverb nut....this makes me very excited....."artificial" = cool in my book!

Bodde said:
But we already have many working amps and not a workable editor. Too many bugs and problems. Of course it is possible to edit on the hardware but it is so much easier and user friendly to edit your sounds on the computer. So why not make use of that? That we don't do it is just because Axe Edit not trustworthy.

I don't get that some are finding the editor unusable? To me this opinion seems a bit over the top. It's been quite solid for me on a Mac.

VegaBaby said:
I know I sound like a broken (80's) record and eventhough I don't like voicing my wishes in a thread like this, a big +1 to that (especially the cleans)

80s?? - As a 51 yr old Boston fan I can assure you that the Boston sound was born and bred in the 70s.

I don't get that some are finding the editor unusable? To me this opinion seems a bit over the top. It's been quite solid for me on a Mac.

I've only been using it for two weeks or so, but I agree. I haven't even touched the actual axeFX yet. It still definitely needs to be refined and solidified, but it's workable for me.

And now for something completely different...

The effect block should have parameter, global bypass on/off. So long as the effect is set to
:link to global block, the bypass state will transfer to all presets using that same global block. when set to ON.

It would be great if this option was implemented in Firmware 7 :D

I guess from what Cliff as ascertained/tone-matched, Das Mettal sort of resembles channel-3 of Diezel Herbert as it turns out...

Bill

I think Das Mettal is a VH4 channel 4.. which is essentially a high gain / lead tone
so it's not surprising that the Herbert channel 3 is similar [especially with the boost on]

the holy grail for riffing is the VH4 channel 3
I've played a real VH4 and channel 3 is stunning..
it feels like a high gain tone to play but is a bit cleaner..
it has this great blend of fatness and clarity
the tone is very tight in the low end too..
love it...

I just start diving this unit, but i guess its always deeper and deeper each day... Well its homework tough, im began transform to sound engineer haaha, i love you FAS

It is not that it is totally unusable. But I had too many problems with it so I don't thrust it anymore. And I have read the same things here from many users. That's too bad because I really like how Axe Edit is set up and what you can do with it. But I am too afraid to ruin my patches on which I have worked for many hours. The first thing a software has to be is totally trustworthy.

am very new to the world of the axe fx..
as it is i haven't even touched 99% of what's available on the unit and am already pretty happy with it.
can't imagine more goodies in the pipeline.
i feel like a kid in a candy store.
fas may turn me into a fan-boy yet..

Next firmware will probably be 7.00. Mostly effects updates.

barneyLegendary.jpg

This is really great to hear because, no offense, but the reverbs in the axe are a bit of a weak spot. One of the only few places i've struggled and had to "live with" what I got...

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

Of course there will be new amp and drive models as well as other improvements.

"The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks"

i'm intrigued by this. this is good. i like to be intrigued. especially by intriguing things.

anybody on the beta team seen/heard this yet? what does it mean? will i like it?

I use the "room" control in the cab block a lot. Seems logical to move it into the reverb block but I hope I don't lose the effect I'm getting now with the room control because it's great.

Nice to hear about new improvements but as mentioned earlier in the thread, the tonal quality of the amp models and effects is what makes this box great - I'll take an improvement in tone over more features any day. We seem to be lucky in that each new release delivers improved tonal quality as well as new goodies.

I had one guitar player friend of mine play through my Axe last week. Played a bit with the room sim in the cab block (room level and size relatively high, mic distance at 50%) and he said that's EXACTLY what he always wanted. Please don't cut it from there...

I had one guitar player friend of mine play through my Axe last week. Played a bit with the room sim in the cab block (room level and size relatively high, mic distance at 50%) and he said that's EXACTLY what he always wanted. Please don't cut it from there...
- Keeping it in two places takes too much CPU, I'd guess.
- Why wouldn't he like it in the new version?
- Cliff spoke of wanting to do this long time ago.
- Hardly anyone seems to use it in the cab block, at least much less than anticipated by Cliff, is my feeling.
- Wouldn't it be more logical to keep things seperate? If you put room on the cab, you are going into the next blocks with room reverb on, while you may generally want to add that later on maybe?
- If you want to help code it in assembler, you may have a chance ;)

Back
Top Bottom