Ultra Version 9.01 Firmware Available

This update had a profound effects of my presets since most of my presets have very high master volumes and go for a chimier sound. I really need to start from scratch again with additive effect of all the latest firmware changes. However after some tweaking, I am absolutely blown away by the change I am hearing in regards to high end chime. I don't know what it is but I love it. It is so easy to dial in a nice chimey tone w/ the Class As (dr z, ac30, etc.). The plexi 2 cranked up sound nicer to me as well. The reworked Fenders (the deluxe esp.) sound great. I pretty much have avoided the Fenders until now (I liked other models better), but I may have to revisit them.

The new compressor settings are really cool, but I generally use compression sparingly. I'll have to play w/ that more.

I was so wrapped up in the amp changes, I forgot about the BB and had to go to work. The change made to the power amp modeling in this update has been one of the best for me.

javajunkie said:
This update had a profound effects of my presets since most of my presets have very high master volumes and go for a chimier sound. I really need to start from scratch again with additive effect of all the latest firmware changes. However after some tweaking, I am absolutely blown away by the change I am hearing in regards to high end chime. I don't know what it is but I love it. It is so easy to dial in a nice chimey tone w/ the Class As (dr z, ac30, etc.). The plexi 2 cranked up sound nicer to me as well. The reworked Fenders (the deluxe esp.) sound great. I pretty much have avoided the Fenders until now (I liked other models better), but I may have to revisit them.

The new compressor settings are really cool, but I generally use compression sparingly. I'll have to play w/ that more.

I was so wrapped up in the amp changes, I forgot about the BB and had to go to work. The change made to the power amp modeling in this update has been one of the best for me.
Some before and after recordings? :p
I was on late last night. I dont know how I missed it but its loading this morning!

javajunkie said:
Dude!! This sounds awesome!!

Thank you so much for the BB Pre, a stellar job - the best OD I've used with the AxeFX. Now I just need a Fuzzface and Echoplex Preamp :mrgreen:

javajunkie said:

Great news, can't wait to get home tonight :)

I have rehearsal right after work so can't update till after that!

Thanks Cliff! I'm excited, this is my first firmware update. Wish I had found out before getting to work, now I have to wait until this evening.

This is the first update since owning my Axe 2 years that said it failed. My Axe says 9.01, Axe edit says 9.0. It also says recall in the upper left hand corner of the Axe.

MSS said:
This is the first update since owning my Axe 2 years that said it failed. My Axe says 9.01, Axe edit says 9.0. It also says recall in the upper left hand corner of the Axe.

Seems to be a issue with the editor. It works fine but returns fail. It states 9.0 because the editor has not been updated yet. Regardless, the update work fine thru the editor. The new parameters will not be in the editor until it is updated.

javajunkie said:
The new parameters will not be in the editor until it is updated.

But can you edit on the Axe and than read and write the patch via Axe-Edit (for backup/restore purposes for example)?

Marco

Ok, thanks. I don't remember it saying recall in the upper left hand corner of the Axe. Was it always there?

MarcoB said:
javajunkie said:
The new parameters will not be in the editor until it is updated.

But can you edit on the Axe and than read and write the patch via Axe-Edit (for backup/restore purposes for example)?

Marco

I would think back up and restore would be fine, but I'm not sure how tweaking the compressor setting would work.

I couldn't even get the AXE-EDIT to update the firmware, kept telling me my midi connection wasn't hooked up. I tried the old editor and it worked like a charm. Yeah I know its in Beta but its seems like the problems aren't consistent. Anyway all is well and can't wait to test out the new amp models and the BB! Thanks Cliff!!

elchampion said:
I couldn't even get the AXE-EDIT to update the firmware, kept telling me my midi connection wasn't hooked up. I tried the old editor and it worked like a charm. Yeah I know its in Beta but its seems like the problems aren't consistent. Anyway all is well and can't wait to test out the new amp models and the BB! Thanks Cliff!!

did you have bot midi in and out hooked up? Did you set up your MIDI settings?

FWIW over the years I have had to use different MIDI devices and syx librarians to get the updates to work (midi-ox, sendsx, old editor, new editor). Axe-edit has been the most consistent on firmware updates for me.

I just installed the latest Axe Edit beta. You have to redo your midi in out settings. Maybe that's it.

Yup I did all those things, Made sure the Ultra matched the settings too. I didn't do anything different with the Old editor and it worked without a problem. So who knows, I'll just wait until its out of Beta to begin using it.

6 pages in and I'm the first to say..

"CarolAnn OD2? WOOOOOOO!!!!!"

..Not that I've played a real one, but I do recall the TGP threads with everyone raving about how great these amps are, and guys like Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson liking them. Supposed to sound kind of in between a Dumble and a Marshall.

Can't wait to hear 9.0.1 (it'll have to wait til the weekend for me)

Back
Top Bottom