Ultra Version 9.01 Firmware Available

Wow! So much refinement... what's next Cliff? ;)

Thanks again for all your hard work and persistance to make this the best guitar amplification device ever.

Thanks too for looking to default the thump and warmth parameters to zero.

Can't wait to get to a non-work computer to download this to my Axe-FX...

Yippee!

TimmyM

Will download, dial, and run it at tomorrow's gig.

Thanks Cliff!! Looking forward to chimey-er days!!

NOTE: This firmware version may change the sound of your presets. You should audition your presets carefully after upgrading to verify that they sound as intended.
Reworked power amp simulation more accurately models speaker coil inductance and interaction with transformer / power tubes. The net effect is that all amp models will be “chimier” in general.
Amp block now defaults Thump and Warmth to zero when selecting an amp model.
Added “CarolAnn OD2” amp model. Based on the OD2 amplifier designed by Alan Phillips of Carol-Ann Amplifiers, LLC.
Totally reworked “Tweed” amp model. Since this model is based on a ’65 Deluxe Reverb the model name was changed to “Deluxe Verb”.
Reworked “Jr. Blues” model.
Made some minor tweaks to the Blues, Brownface and Blackface models. Renamed Blackface to “Double Verb”. Renamed Blues to “59 Bassguy”.
Reworked CAE+ Rhy and Ld models slightly based on evaluation of Peter Frampton’s unit.
Rewrote Bright Cap algorithm to take into account circuits where the cap on the series resistor is switched rather than the cap on the pot itself. Also accounts for circuits where the series resistor cap is left intact but the pot cap is switched out. This affects the Soldano, Recto, CAE, Fryette and PVH 5105 models.
Reduced Amp block CPU usage slightly.
Added “BB Pre” Drive model. Based on the Xotic BB Preamp.
Improved Compressor block:
-
Changed Studio Compressor RMS detector to true-RMS type.
-
Added lookahead feature to minimize popping when using high compression ratios. The amount of lookahead can be adjusted on the first page of the Compressor menu.
-
Added “AUTO” mode. When Auto mode is on, the attack and release rates are automatically varied according to the program material. The Attack and Release controls then set the minimum attack rate and maximum release rate, respectively (maximum attack time, minimum release time).
-
Added “RMS + Peak” detector mode. In this mode the detector normally runs as a RMS detector but switches to a peak detector on strong transients. This gives the attack speed of a peak detector with the smoothness of an RMS detector.
-
Reworked Pedal type algorithm. The Detector type parameter has been removed as it is no longer relevant.
-
Increased maximum compression of Pedal type.
Rewrote Spring reverb algorithm to improve realism.

Thanks Timmy :) waiting for the 9.02 Standard firmware, while you, Ultra users, beta test this one ;) :lol:

Thanks again for the update, Cliff!

Between the new Redwire cabs and 9.01FW should be a lot of fun in the rabbit hole. :D

> Added lookahead feature

Thank you for making obsolete my overcomplicated look-ahead techniques!

Made some minor tweaks to the Blues, Brownface and Blackface models. Renamed Blackface to “Double Verb”. Renamed Blues to “59 Bassguy”.

Interesting. Changing the name of the Tweed makes sense, since it was confusing people. Not sure why these were changed, unless the intention is to have more Fender models in the future and "Blackface" was too general? I thought the differences between Showman, Twin, Bandmaster, etc., were pretty minor, aside from the speakers and wattage. (Am I wrong?)

Looks like a very exciting update as usual, can't wait to try it out!

tried the new 9.01 and i have to say all the amp sims sound even better then ever clean and high gain. I can't describe it, there just seems to be more dimension and realism to them. You guys never let me down, thanks again. :twisted:

fremen said:
Thanks Timmy :) waiting for the 9.02 Standard firmware, while you, Ultra users, beta test this one ;) :lol:
I know you would prefer to beta-test this one before! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom