Ultra Version 9.01 Firmware Available

gsegal said:
I dont mean to be a bummer guys but I keep noticing things with the new firmwear. Very loud poping noise whe swithching my higher gain patches at high volumes. Can anyone else confirm? thanks

yup, got the same thing.
not a bummer- just make note and describe as best you can. if Cliff finds a problem with it he will fix.

All in all, for me- this is an incredible update, the amps are just popping at me

Only played around with it for about an hour but whatever was done to the power amp simulation seems to have really made a difference. The presets I have where the master is cranked sound great. Chimey and very sweet, what little high end harshness that was there is all but gone. I haven't even tried the compressor or the new amp yet but the BB preamp sounds good. To be a ".01" release it sure made a big sonic improvement. I did have it flake out on me once and posted a bug but damn it sounds good.

This firmware is killer! The upper range of the amps jumps right out without sounding harsh, everything I tried so far sounds an order of magnitude better. Now sure how this only made 9.01 status, more like 10 in my mind!

Just posted a couple of dirty clips over in the recording section if you fancy having a listen.

Thanks again Cliff you rock!!!!

Spence

Thanks Cliff...just updated and haven't played yet, but thought I would say..

I updated with the Axe-Edit....no problems, smooth as silk and the editor displays 9.01.

just thought I would mention that I did finally get the firmware updated.

Tried axeedit 9.99 with echoaudio interface = no good
Tried axeedit 9.99 with maudio midiman = no good
Tried midiox with echo/maudio = no good
Tried axeedit 8.xx with echo = no good
Tried axeedit 8.xx with maudio = message said fail but did actually work

who knows what all this means but at least I now have the update :)

Was expecting to see the same problems as reported above with the new Editor but, alas, everything worked without a hitch on the first try! Editor confirmed success and reports 9.01 firmware loaded.

Now... play time!

Thanks Cliff and Fractal!

30 minutes in and I gotta say,

Great job Cliff!

I have been stuck on 2 Fender models and the tones are very sweet.

The Fractal Axe-Fx is THE BEST guitar purchase I have ever made.

It continues to keep on giving, and giving, and giving. Thanks Cliff. :D

Well I didn;t get to spend near as much time as I wanted with the new fw tonight, but the time I did was :D

Only played any like significant time with the new tweed and the JTM45. Nice. :D

With the tweed I was able to easily get to older Neil Young. Through a vibe infront (as I use to 20 years ago as I am a sucker for vibe) and wow, sounded like I did with vintage gear 20 years ago. I was surprised about how easily I was able to dial this in. Spent some time on this as many years ago, this was my sound. Now it can be again.

The JTM was nice, but I need to spend more time with its clean sound. I think I can do better than what I got tonight. Then I threw the new BB in front of it. Whoa, it may take over the Plexi.

I did happen to briefly stop on the Hipower. Wow noticed a difference there as well but will need to spend more time on it. I have the feeling I may be incorporating that one into some patches now.

Cliff, many thanks to you for the continued development.

Just got back from band practice and holy macarel :shock: :shock: :shock:

I absolutely dig the new 9.01 ... Just when I thought its great Cliff just made it "betterer".
Its chimier, more pronounce and sweet high end without being harsh and sounded great for me. My patches didn't need any adjustment I was right "in"

BRAVO !!!

Mik.

The chime on every amp without the harshness is gold.
This changes everything.... WOW thank you Cliff, you did it again.
The BB is amazing, just like the hardware.

;)

Just tried to download the 9.01 update (www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version9 ... ra9_01.zip) and receive this error. It's a dead link!

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Additionally, a 410 Gone error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

advanced search
most popular
Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance.

flashbak said:
Just tried to download the 9.01 update (http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version9 ... ra9_01.zip) and receive this error. It's a dead link!

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Additionally, a 410 Gone error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

advanced search
most popular
Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance.

Right click, save as. I just downloaded it a minute ago from the link in the first post, no problems.

Back
Top Bottom