Ultra Version 9.01 Firmware Available

plexi59 said:
Thanks to the Ultra users for beta-testing. :)

Isn't that done by customers who receive their Axe-FX just before a new firrmware is released? BTW: Feels and sounds very mature... not like a beta-release ;-)

I gigged with 9.01 tonight.
I did the update later in the day than I wanted. Had no clue the "dual verb" had changed so radically -- and I have a lot of twin patches. I must've redialed 15 or 20 patches in less than 90 minutes -- which is a testimony to how good the update. Its really easy to take the fenders where you want them, but still, a major race against the clock.

Going from 9 to 9.1 on dual verb there was a MAJOR drop in the bass, followed by a drop in mids, and a lot more treble and presence. I was pulling bright caps off, and for fenders without caps I was dialing treble back 15% and presence back on everything. Had to bring bass up about 15% and mids up 5-10%. Long story short, I was bringing the knobs closer to noon.

The good news is that's exactly how things needed to change. I always thought the fenders had to much bass, kinda muddy mids, and were lacking in the bell/chime/zing department where fenders shine. Now the Fenders sound really good. Gotta watch the high end, which is exactly a fender thing -- reign it in or it'll get away from you.

Beyond the Fenders, I noticed the Vox stuff was ringing and clanging very nicely. Had to dial back some highs on Joe Jackson because the new stuff was overcooking the highs. But once again it was about moving knobs back toward noon and ending up with something musical really fast.

The Marshalls had more chime and upper-mid/high detail and were moving to harmonic feedback in a sweet way.

I made some sloppy/dirty 9.0 clips and then recorded the same patches through 9.1
If I get around to posting them, you'll hear the radical change on the fenders and the improvements on the others.

All in all, a fantastic move in the right direction sonically and musically. Thanks Cliff!!

Hey Cliff,
making almost every amp usable for nearly everyone is not nice :?
I just don't have enough time to test and play all of them :?
And I just can't even sell them :?

No, seriously. With the new FW I revisited some of the amps and thought: "nice". And I'm still on headphones ... Looking forward to the next rehearsal.

Don't know which amps to choose. I wanna play them all now ... :lol:
smiley_emoticons_2thumbs.gif

Micha

VERY nice, Cliff.

I like the extra chime and the BB preamp a lot.

I remember suggesting an aural exciter effect way before my Ultra even arrived, partly because it can be used to fake the chime sound, specially with strat quack tones. Completely unnecessary now.

Many thanks yet again :D :D :D

GM Arts said:
VERY nice, Cliff.

I remember suggesting an aural exciter effect way before my Ultra even arrived, partly because it can be used to fake the chime sound, specially with strat quack tones. Completely unnecessary now.

:shock: Oral exciter???? Like a trumpet??? :D

Looks like there are some undocumented changes too. The TopBoost low cut and high cut params have been changed.

Zer0th said:
frankiev said:
I cant seem to get the download .Its only 3.3 kb and when I try to unpack I get an error , any ideas ?
You downloaded an error message saying...

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found." etc.

9.01 has been pulled and replaced with 9.02
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra9_02.zip
And still Ultra only!!!! Yes!!!!!

J/K... ;)

I'm reminded as to why I forked over the extra $500 every time we get a new firmware... the pack rat in me wouldn't know what to do with myself having to wait!

pack-rat.gif

funny,
my wife came in my studio yesterday...i said i was going to be busy all night playing on the new firmware...she got that look and said-"and how much was that...."

i just smiled

:mrgreen: 9.02 installed with the axe editor and no problems, onward and upward! Thanks cliff and company!

Kriig said:
GM Arts said:
VERY nice, Cliff.

:shock: Oral exciter???? Like a trumpet??? :D

erm ... no

http://www.aphex.com/204.htm

This effect was (over)used in 70s recordings - for a while it was seen as a hit-maker.

Checksum error trying to load v9.02 via AXE-EDIT. Looked like it was going to work, but AXE-FX Ultra screen displayed "bad checksum" at the very end. Suggestions???????? :(

Back
Top Bottom