The Tour is over - Now I'm digging into 7.0!

1/2 asleep when I read this, @ a glance I thought it said "Featured now @ WALMART".................. Man I hate the midnight shift!!!!!!!!!!!:shock

As Sebastian mentioned, this gets really tricky since not all of the six strings get a straight "+1 octave" shift on a real twelve string. To really nail this in simulation, at least thus far, it looks like you really have to have a guitar with individual piezos on each string (Line 6 Variax).

Even that doesn't nail it. Tracking can be warblely and is just not quite there. vg-99/gr55 is a bit better as far as being stable but there is all the extra equipment to haul.

What about this recent statement by Cliff?

There is still latency, there is on ANY pitch shifter.
he was able to improve it some. Tracking is a vague term and can poly to many things. Tracking accuracy, tracking speed, etc.

he was able to improve it some. Tracking is a vague term and can poly to many things. Tracking accuracy, tracking speed, etc.

Interesting. I'd love to learn more about the improvement, or what it is based upon. Improving the pitch for downtuning is really important to me.

Interesting. I'd love to learn more about the improvement, or what it is based upon. Improving the pitch for downtuning is really important to me.
Pitch Shifting without latency is virtually impossible, unless you're dealing with pre-recorded signals. having said that, I can assure you that the new algo has drastically decreased latency. not sure if there's anything on the market that's faster...

Would love a test (based upon feel) between the new pitch algorithm and the Morpheus Droptune/Whammy DT.

Cliff, I can't thank you enough as my band has had to cut four huge songs from our set because of drop tuning. since we play everything to a click it's feels like shit to fight the push of the drummer and the pull of the latency. I could live with it on the Ultra bit it looks like things should be much better moving forward. So glad to see the tracking is improved too and that the feedback from the beta team is so positive.

Back
Top Bottom