The Tour is over - Now I'm digging into 7.0!

Waiting for new firmware...

excitement.gif

Guys, I am completely blown away by the new pitch shifting. It is flipping awesome. Tracking is improved. Polyphony is out standing. I finally pulled the pog2 from my board. Pitch shifting and going 100% mix sounds so much better. The comb filtering effect you would get at lowr tracking values is gone. The axefx now has, IMO, the best pitchshifting for guitar that I have used.

The tuner is soooooo stable now.

Guys, I am completely blown away by the new pitch shifting. It is flipping awesome. Tracking is improved. Polyphony is out standing. I finally pulled the pog2 from my board. Pitch shifting and going 100% mix sounds so much better. The comb filtering effect you would get at lowr tracking values is gone. The axefx now has, IMO, the best pitchshifting for guitar that I have used.

Is there still a setting to do the Whammy/Slightly glitchy thing?

Wow - Most Excellent! I can't wait! (yet I will) :)

The pitch detector now tracks even complex chords. The beta testers seem impressed.

Cliff you are the man!! Makes everyday like Christmas now with the Axe Fx2 and your constant drive in improving the software of this insanely ingenious machine!! Can't wait for V7.01.

7.01 is coming soon. Features new "IMART" (Intelligent Maximum-Likelihood Adaptive Real-Time) pitch detector.

Hey Cliff !

If you haven't already, you better trademark this: "IMART" ( Intelligent Maximum-Likelyhood Adaptive Real-Time Pitch Detector ) !!!!!

Last edited:
Does this open the door to a realistic 12-strings emulation ?

Depends. Problem is, that the pitch detector/shift algorithm can't differentiate between the lower four strings (which get an octave) and the high b and e strings, which are doubled.
Polyphonic tracking/shifting would be adequate.
That said, I already got some usable results, which just lacked more stable tracking to sound really good. High cut/low pass filter in front and after the pitch shifter helps, too.

Depends. Problem is, that the pitch detector/shift algorithm can't differentiate between the lower four strings (which get an octave) and the high b and e strings, which are doubled.
Polyphonic tracking/shifting would be adequate.
That said, I already got some usable results, which just lacked more stable tracking to sound really good. High cut/low pass filter in front and after the pitch shifter helps, too.

Completely stable now.

My Eventide Pitchfactor has hit the Bay....

Does this open the door to a realistic 12-strings emulation ?

As Sebastian mentioned, this gets really tricky since not all of the six strings get a straight "+1 octave" shift on a real twelve string. To really nail this in simulation, at least thus far, it looks like you really have to have a guitar with individual piezos on each string (Line 6 Variax).

Back
Top Bottom