The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

Hum... wandering if my pair of Emenince BETA-12LTA in a Harley Benton 2x12 will handle the XT800 power ? Not that I play at deafening levels but on a big stage you never know

They'll handle the power no problem but it's up for debate as to whether they'll do the FRFR job adequately. Check out the other thread which has the 12LTA cab in it, some useful comments both ways. FWIW, I chose the Beymas over the 12LTA when first looking. Even though the Beyma has a poor qts its got a bit more bottom end than the Eminence and obviously goes a bit higher frequency wise.

Maybe another solution is the Eminence 12CX. If cost is an issue you could just run the woofer section and purchase the horn and crossover at a later date. May work out cheaper in the long run that way. My 2c!

Thanks, in fact I'm considering buying the Beymas in a couple of months, I just got the HB cab with the Eminence at a ridiculous price so that's why I'll use this first :)
And regarding the FRFR thing, even if the sound is not full range, it will change me from the awfull keyboard amps with shrill highs I'm used to play with... I also have a pair of Titan 12A at my disposal, good for cleans, less for gi gain sounds. I expect tue eminence to sounds much more natural

Last edited:
Fremen,

I am gonna test my new Deltalites II 2512. If I like them the 2 Beyma 12GA50 have to go. PM me if you are interested.

Regards

Anyone have heard something from Matrix regarding shipping? I payed for mine last Monday and still heard nothing from them...

No worries mates! Just had contact with Matrix and all the amps are on the mail. Mine will be here Monday (Holland). The further from the UK the longer ;).

Preparing my XT-800 to get send back to the UK.

To relax and kill the coming few days check this out MatrixAmplification | Facebook. They even have T-shirts now which you can win.

Have a nice relax weekend to ya all and remember the amps are on their way :p

Last edited:
Again no empty words from Matrix. Just received my trackingcode and by that the confirmation the amp will be here Monday.

Lets rumble!!!

Regards

My GT will arrive on Monday as well, as you know, there is some kind of announcement from Fractal Monday, what a day in store:)

Alex,

I expected you earlier :) After you have this amp the hunt for the flatest FRFR or guitar driver/cabinet combo will start. I am planning to make it switchable. So the eminence deltalite as basis and a switchable HF driver/tweeter/xover.

Welcome to the family and a new Dutch Axie meeting is now absolete I think.

Regards

I paid friday and received the tracking number last night.

Mine will be here on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Alex,

I expected you earlier :) After you have this amp the hunt for the flatest FRFR or guitar driver/cabinet combo will start. I am planning to make it switchable. So the eminence deltalite as basis and a switchable HF driver/tweeter/xover.

Welcome to the family and a new Dutch Axie meeting is now absolete I think.

Regards

I ordered two Rex Pro TT-cabs, each with a EVM-12L Classic 16 Ohm.
Closed-back (although I'm still in doubt), extra bass port.
I can use both (mono or stereo) or just one (portable, for rehearsals).
The EVMs are quite flat and go up to 7kHz (at -10dB) and have a lot of power. My guess is that I'll still be able to use cab sims if necessary. If not, well, I like EVMs anyway. ;-)

Why 16 Ohm?

And are you sure it is flat? There is a +8 dB peak at 3,5kHz and it goes till 5,5kHz according the EV graph.

I just received the tracking number! :D

EDIT:

And I also use my cab loaded with one EVM classic with cab sim always on.

Last edited:
Are you guys paying via paypal to andrew hunt, amps4u@hotmail?? I was on the waitlist for the 2nd batch and just got a paypal request, someone must have pulled out Or they are ahead of schedule? Either way once i get confirm from you all that this is a liget pay request mine will be on it's way to Caly this week!!!

Back
Top Bottom