The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

Thanks DADA, Looks like my GT will arrive into Soggy Toronto on Monday. Right around the Fractal release of whatever it is :)

I am using a Carvin DCML 200 right now driving a 2X12 , 8 ohms each stereo Mesa Vert CAB. 2 X 80 Watts I think....

The GT I am hoping will be a big step up.

Well this first batch is certainly going Worldwide. From my conversation today, a couple to the UK, several to the Netherlands. Germany, Austria, Sweeden, Italy and Spain all taking at least one - two to Australia, at least two to the US, one to Mexico and one to Brazil. Im sure Ive missed a few out.

I look forward to opinions of, esp comparing to what else is out there and what is currently being used.

Well this first batch is certainly going Worldwide. From my conversation today, a couple to the UK, several to the Netherlands. Germany, Austria, Sweeden, Italy and Spain all taking at least one - two to Australia, at least two to the US, one to Mexico and one to Brazil. Im sure Ive missed a few out.

Yes I'm awaiting one here in Melbourne.

Belgium 8)

ps : hopefully next week not to much of these on the FS pages :mrgreen

Austria also waiting. My ART SLA-2 is up for sale at ebay, hope the Matrix arrives soon so I can do some A/B/C (Engl 850/100) comparison.

It is very nice of Fractal countdowning the arrival of the first Matrix GT800FX amplifiers to the customers and the publication of the first reviews. :p

Who is the first to receive and wright their initial experiences here?

Maybe we should put up a contest. :lol

... (at least) one going to Germany!
icon7.png

Waiting for replacement:

Axe-FxART.jpg

... and

Axe-FxVHT.jpg

icon6.png

Many Thanks to DADA, paulmapp8306 and everybody else from this community for driving the "evolution" of the Matrix GT800FX
icon14.png

... (at least) one going to Germany!
icon7.png

That looks POWERFULL! But I think you need more then ONE :p And those amps has been A/B'd and reviewed here with the XT-800. What a coincidence!

Many Thanks to DADA, paulmapp8306 and everybody else from this community for driving the "evolution" of the Matrix GT800FX
icon14.png

Thanks for the nice words. But the real honor goes to Andy and Matt for taking Axie Nerds like us serious!

Last edited:
Goodbye Matrix XT800.....

It's been an emotional 4 months.

You were there for me after the death of a loved one (Stewart 1.6), You eased my aches and pains (no more back ache) and you revealed a new world of sonic truth to me (unlike those pretenders Ms. Rocktron and Ms. Peavey). You revealed others to be inadequate (Beyma 12GA50's) and were cool even in the hottest situations (on stage) and I'm ashamed to admit, even though I flirted with your older sister (the "other" Matrix amp) because she had a slightly better bottom end, I've still had a great time with you. It's true we should have gone out more (agent's fault) but we still had some great times at home, building something great that will last (patches) beyond you and me. But being a shallow man with all the faults that a man has, I've fallen for another...

Yes, it's your younger sister, the GT800FX. She has your top half and the bottom end like your older sister and she's a bit more sensitive although she can still be as loud and as cool as you can. She's also quieter when I want her to be and her output is a little more varied.

I know these are subtle differences but to me they matter, so forgive me as I send you on your way. Your younger sister will be here soon so I wont keep you any longer. You'll find love with another, I'm sure, and give them as much as you've given me.

Goodbye Matrix XT800 (sniff)

Hello Matrix GT800FX!!!!

Shaaaaa-wiiiiinnnnngggg!!
:lol

Merely meant in a lighthearted way. The Beyma's are a good speaker truth be told and it's really since I've gone on to use the Volt FR220 speaker (& Beyma 12XC30) with the Matrix that the 12GA50's were seen in a different light. It was also trying the custom built (by Eminence IIRC) speaker in the Atomics 112-18 which swayed me into looking for a speaker with an even flatter mid range than the Beyma's.

Volt Loudspeakers - About Us

Goodbye Matrix XT800.....

So recognizable......so nicely said........pure poetry.

The Volt FR220 speaker

Looks very flat, coax and wide dispersion. Exactly what you wanted. Only it is 8 inch.
If they just had a 12 inch version with the same specs. Man..

I am going the other route => Eminence Deltalite II 2512 with possible HF Driver and Xover.
Not super flat but with some tuning I can get very close (seen on different hifi audio forums).

One to Portugal :D

Yeah the Volt is an excellent speaker. Had the chance to grab another one but it was 16ohms. Doh! Even puts my studio monitors to shame. The 12inch radial speaker they do is SUPER expensive!! IIRC they do speakers for Quested studio monitors. Also went for the Beyma 12XC30 and its crossover. TBH the Volt blows it away but after attenuating the HF's on the Beyma, it's sounding a bit better. It was either the Beyma or the Eminence 12CX with the APT50 and an attenuating crossover. Even considered the passive Atomics. Some specs on those would be nice though!

Hum... wandering if my pair of Emenince BETA-12LTA in a Harley Benton 2x12 will handle the XT800 power ? Not that I play at deafening levels but on a big stage you never know

Back
Top Bottom