The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

IIRC the EVM is a bit of a "flat" speaker. Not really full range, because it's a guitar speaker, but I think it goes up to 7kHz or something.

So dada, you and Paul have sold me , I am on the wait list for a GT800FX!

Cragginshred, welcome to the family. I am sure you gonna like this superb little monster. The dollar is slowly but steadely weakening so also from a financial perspective you made the right desicion.

Regards

Last edited:
You can use cab sims with an EVM12L? Huh?!?! What if you want a V30 sound/sim? Would it reproduce that?

Claxor,

How do you like your new GT800FX?

And yes the EVM12L has a high freq range so Yek is right. The V30 has not, sorry. Like you and Yek I am also orientating for the driver/cab/speaker solution with the Matrix amp. Love the flexibility of a separate amp though!

Regards

Last edited:
Nope.

What is holding you back? For questions just ask Matt from MATRIX to help you out.
With the Utube compression an A/B doesn't work anyway and it is always better, i think, to get your info first hand.
Or you could drive to Los Angeles te meet up with Claxor.

Regards

Last edited:
Claxor,

How do you like your new GT800FX?

And yes the EVM12L has a high freq range so Yek is right. The V30 has not, sorry. Like you and Yek I am also orientating for the driver/cab/speaker solution with the Matrix amp. Love the flexibility of a separate amp though!

Regards

It's great. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, but I have confidence in the sounds I'm getting with it. Small, well built... I look at rigs of major touring guitarists and wonder why they have three amp heads, six TC G-Force units, four Palmer units, three backup amp heads... and an AxeFx unit in the rack as an ultimate (final) backup in case everything else goes balls up. They even admit that one AxeFx can do all of these sounds. The old guard just can't let go of the huge rigs.

Well... I can! I want the tones without the fridge racks!

It's great. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, but I have confidence in the sounds I'm getting with it. Small, well built... I look at rigs of major touring guitarists and wonder why they have three amp heads, six TC G-Force units, four Palmer units, three backup amp heads... and an AxeFx unit in the rack as an ultimate (final) backup in case everything else goes balls up. They even admit that one AxeFx can do all of these sounds. The old guard just can't let go of the huge rigs.

Well... I can! I want the tones without the fridge racks!

Yep agree,
I call my rig THE SWATT RIG. Light as a feather but leathel for loud hitting drummers:mrgreen

Am also on the waiting list for one of these babies.. Got an email from Matt RE the status of the first batch of amps;

"They are built, all the cases are sat there ready for the boards to go it. We are waiting to put one more component on the board ( which completes it ), which was due to us last Tuesday. Our supplier, a million pound company, is tracking the parts for us and should be contacting us this morning to confirm the delivery date into the factory. I shall be updating the matrixamplification news section this evening when I get back into the office.
We are expecting the parts in the next day or two, which then means we can finish batch, get them posted out to people, and look forward to their feedback.

I thankyou for your patience, and hope that you can wait a little longer with us."

Yeh, they've had an issue there.

They were supposed to have it two weeks ago, but it never arrived. The parts are from the US, being supplied by a German company. Neither sompany seems to know where the shipment is. Its a LARGE shipment too, very strange.

Matrix have found an alternate supplier for the next batch of components (it a 26 week lead time), but its not helping them with this one. Its not just the XT800/GT800 either thats effected - its ALL their amps. They have nearly 800 amps from their range all ready to go - except for this component.

Good news already! This is from the Matrix website.

20/4/11 Update. Great news. The elusive parts delivery has been confirmed as today. The first batch of GT800FX have been awaiting this one last component. The amps are already built, the cases are there and the 600+ shipping containers are ready to go. Now that we have the parts we can finish the amps and start a few days of soak test. Up until this point we had not wished to take paypal payments from people, it seemed unethical to take money without a confirmed delivery schedule. The invoices can now finally be released over the coming days.
We shall not have any problems with the elusive component again, we now have six months worth in stock.

We wish to thankyou all for your patience and look forward to your feedback.

How is your German? And yes the liricks of these guys always have a twist.

Great live performers BTW

I have to admit, I did love the video... and the singer's looks he gave while singing had me laughing out loud. Much more than "Warriors..." video ;)

And his voice... :D

Man, look at him in the first 15 seconds just walking to the microphone! He looks out of his mind/drunk!!!

Last edited:
Like Cragginshred, I too am lookin at this unit. I spoke with him a little and he mentioned he too is in line for one. I am trying to find out what it would be in US Dollars. I am using a Carvin TS-100 and a Marshall 4x12 and getting some great sounds but can not use the cab sims. I am thinking of going to a pair of Atomics and/or the Matrix amp. If I get the amp, The cabs will have to wait and visa/versa. So, my delema is which to get first. The Carvin is 25lbs so the Matrix would be a very welcome piece as far as that goes. How do ya'll think that Matrix would sound with the Marshall with V30s as compaired to the Carvin which is a Stereo tube amp 50 watts per side.

Thanks

I think I found it. Its around $800 and some change right? If that is the case, I will probably look into the Atomics and power them with the TS for now....I gotta remember, Baby steps.
Have to stay under her radar;);)

Back
Top Bottom