• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

vangrieg

Power User
I wonder if I can still use my MFC with this new thing via FASLink.

And the 3U height is kind of sad.

Otherwise it looks like a dream come true - larger matrix, seamless amp switching without the stupid gap, more I/O and - YEAH!!! - dedicated controller for MIDI and stuff - finally!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Yes, and i assume you're not talkin only about the scene names :)
The more i read about it, the more i'm thinking they've thought about everything, it must have been an incredible amount of work
It was a monumental amount of work. The DSP board design was the most difficult hardware design we've ever done. It's a 10-layer board with all fine-pitch technology. Then migrating all the algorithms to a new processor architecture. The team did a phenomenal job.

lessthanone

Inspired
Put my name on the waitlist minutes after it popped up this morning, hopefully I don’t have to wait a year like when the II released, can’t wait!

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
It was a monumental amount of work. The DSP board design was the most difficult hardware design we've ever done. It's a 10-layer board with all fine-pitch technology. Then migrating all the algorithms to a new processor architecture. The team did a phenomenal job.
And, what seems incredible to me too is the announced price... I had bet on more than $3000... That's a good surprise

Morphosis

Fractal Fanatic
Again, did i get it right? X/Y is now "channel A,B,C,D"? And gapless & seamless? This is frickin` awesome! The more i read, the more i analyze pictures, also of the GUI, the more i realize, that the Axe III is all new and far more, than i ever expect it could be .... As much a step up, as it was from the Ultra to the Axe II! WOW!

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Again, did i get it right? X/Y is now "channel A,B,C,D"? And gapless & seamless? This is frickin` awesome! The more i read, the more i analyze pictures, also of the GUI, the more i realize, that the Axe III is all new and far more, than i ever expect it could be .... As much a step up, as it was from the Ultra to the Axe II! WOW!
Looks like you got it ;)

Morphosis

Fractal Fanatic
from the site:
"Our celebrated Tone Matching block is also improved, now with the impressive ability to clone the tone of an amp or recording in UltraRes™."

Allright, dual FFT in Ultra-Res (instead high-res). Fine. But what means "clone the tone of an amp"?
Get we in non-linearity measurement territory like Kemper?

Top Bottom