So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

I wonder if I can still use my MFC with this new thing via FASLink.

And the 3U height is kind of sad.

Otherwise it looks like a dream come true - larger matrix, seamless amp switching without the stupid gap, more I/O and - YEAH!!! - dedicated controller for MIDI and stuff - finally!

Yes, and i assume you're not talkin only about the scene names :)
The more i read about it, the more i'm thinking they've thought about everything, it must have been an incredible amount of work
It was a monumental amount of work. The DSP board design was the most difficult hardware design we've ever done. It's a 10-layer board with all fine-pitch technology. Then migrating all the algorithms to a new processor architecture. The team did a phenomenal job.

Put my name on the waitlist minutes after it popped up this morning, hopefully I don’t have to wait a year like when the II released, can’t wait!

It was a monumental amount of work. The DSP board design was the most difficult hardware design we've ever done. It's a 10-layer board with all fine-pitch technology. Then migrating all the algorithms to a new processor architecture. The team did a phenomenal job.
And, what seems incredible to me too is the announced price... I had bet on more than $3000... That's a good surprise

Again, did i get it right? X/Y is now "channel A,B,C,D"? And gapless & seamless? This is frickin` awesome! The more i read, the more i analyze pictures, also of the GUI, the more i realize, that the Axe III is all new and far more, than i ever expect it could be .... As much a step up, as it was from the Ultra to the Axe II! WOW!

Again, did i get it right? X/Y is now "channel A,B,C,D"? And gapless & seamless? This is frickin` awesome! The more i read, the more i analyze pictures, also of the GUI, the more i realize, that the Axe III is all new and far more, than i ever expect it could be .... As much a step up, as it was from the Ultra to the Axe II! WOW!
Looks like you got it ;)

from the site:
"Our celebrated Tone Matching block is also improved, now with the impressive ability to clone the tone of an amp or recording in UltraRes™."

Allright, dual FFT in Ultra-Res (instead high-res). Fine. But what means "clone the tone of an amp"?
Get we in non-linearity measurement territory like Kemper?

Back
Top Bottom