New Mesa Boogie John Petrucci JP-2C amplifier!

Ooof! A rackmount IIC+ with MIDI, two EQ's and (from what I understand) built-in internal load? My first instinct is I wouldn't trade a Mark V for one because I love the Mark I, IV and low wattage modes. But that's still awesome. I wish they would reissue the V with that functionality.

Very interesting but I'm going to stick to the Ax8 if I can scratch uo the funds when my email comes. My Mark 5:25 will probably be a casualty to cost though.

I just think the Ax8 is a much more sound financial and tone decision! I could NEVER justify the expense of an Axe-Fx 2 but a product $1000 less with the same amp modeling?!? Im IN!!

As Mk IIC+ addict ( should have never sold long ago !) it interests me.But first i wait on Video's and then sure try to play it.

That as we have now myrads of Mark IIC+ es and apart Cliffs latetest take thats all in the ball park but none in the center.

Even my Mark V "NOT" ,even though JP says it is

Lets see

The reason why i am really tempted is looking to the rear pictures of the amp -->Huge transformer and I still believe IIC+ legend came from those oversized transformers.(it easy so in the Axe-->Transformer mismatch)

Roland

This may be too much for me to resist. Would be fun to hook the axe up to this for effects and channel switching. Maybe get two 2x12 cabs for stereo.... Oh my...

I already have a mesa dual rectifier and mesa mark IV. I think I will wait for a JP Mini or something. since my amps are collecting dust already. All I am using are either axe fx II or the new ax8.

Mesa Hollywood wants to hook you up for $3500 (preorder).

Can't post links yet, but if you google Mesa JP-2C it's amongst the top 3 results. I think I'll stick with the XL I just bought last night for $1500 cheaper that can do a million times more things, but damn if I don't wish I could have both.

The standard amp is 2,499 and if your local dealer is nice to ya you could pick it up for 2,299. The 3,499 one is the limited edition red face plate. If the JBM sells then I'll be getting this amp for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom