New Mesa Boogie John Petrucci JP-2C amplifier!

I'm sure there are ways around that as a dealer. I've read that some places are doing "preorder pricing" and that number was about 2,299. Anyway, wonder when Mesa will finally upload some videos.

The standard amp is 2,499 and if your local dealer is nice to ya you could pick it up for 2,299. The 3,499 one is the limited edition red face plate. If the JBM sells then I'll be getting this amp for sure.
Oh cool, thanks for point that out haha. Maybe I'll sell my Mark V to get it... No that's just crazy talk. Or is it? Something to mull over for the next two weeks.....

I found this interesting since boogie has always said they can't make the c+ any more due to parts ect. Side note I LOVE that Oxblood finish

I'm pretty sure it won't sound like a "regular IIC+", not even like the Mark V or Triaxis IIC+ Modes... Of course it will sound similar because it's a IIC+ but it will be shaped like how Petrucci likes the IIC+ Sound.

That would be like a "Petrucci Modded IIC+" to me, his personal view of a IIC+ tone.
He owns several IIC+ so there is no need for him to make a new one. It would be another palette in the array of tones he already have, IMHO

I would venture to guess it's a copy of his favorite one with the added eq so he can have different eq's for rhythm and lead. he doesnt use the eq for cleans. He doesn't want to take his real II's out on the road, this fixes his issues.

Looks way cool! Can't wait for the demo videos.

If I didn't have an Axe-FX already, I'd be GASing for this pretty hard.

God help my bank account if they decide to do a signature James Hetfield amp though!

I hope Mesa Boogie has Petrucci sit down with Doug West and do an in-depth, mic'ed demo, like the one they did with Andy Timmons for the Mark Five: 25:

Or if not, at least another of these "fly on the wall" style demos:

Whatever the case, can't wait to hear it. :)

Back
Top Bottom