Let's see your favourite guitar!

5D30A08A-6278-490E-9B2A-AC519B9D5923-37057-0000287D6F494D65_zps5702f3cc.jpg

The blue marble w/ 2HBs

now that's an addict! Love the collection :) Can't say you don't know what you want/like! HAHA

now that's an addict! Love the collection :) Can't say you don't know what you want/like! HAHA

Gotta take a new photo, I've got 5 more since. We painted our 24ft high living room and I had scaffolding setup for that one. Since then we moved and have 8ft ceilings.

Here are my four current babies :)

First one up is the one I play the most, my trusty AT100CL. Simple looking, but it sounds fantastic, very full and rich. Does most everything from nice cleans to aggressive gain tones.

isJrAhk.jpg

This is the newest one, an Am. Deluxe Strat 2012. Love the cleans and mild crunch it gets.

GeYxLbW.jpg

My white knight in shining armor :) A JEM7-V, also an incredibly versatile guitar.

zBBLm17.jpg

And finally, the oldest one of those I still have, a PRS Santana. I've replaced the stock pups with EMGs, an 81 and an 89, with separate volume controls and a master Tone pot. I've wired the center posistion of the switch to have both pups in parallell, and with separate volume controls and push/pull on the pots for coil splits, I can get aloooot of different tones on this one :)

BJXT9pA.jpg

Attachments

• 20130607_215923_LLS.jpg
    20130607_215923_LLS.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20130607_220044_LLS.jpg
    20130607_220044_LLS.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20130607_220205_LLS.jpg
    20130607_220205_LLS.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20130607_220323_LLS.jpg
    20130607_220323_LLS.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 21
I just recently bought both the Ibanez SR800 (4-string) and SR805 (5-string) basses, and I am absolutely in love with them. They instantly became my main players.

995079_10151534541823451_1852117171_n.jpg

10397_10151534541778451_2091964663_n.jpg

Sticking with the PRS theme, I had this done 5 years ago when I got a nice bonus from work.

Model - PRS Singlecut
Body - Black Limba
Top - Maple
Neck - Maple
Board - Brazilian RW
Pups - Lindy Fralin Blues Specials w/ blender knob
Inlays - custom dolphins

According to Joe Knaggs (used to head up PRS Private Stock) it's the last time PRS can put dolphins on a guitar since they got a cease-and-desist order from a company who apparently has a copyright on using dolphin inlays on guitars (go figure).

View attachment 15813

View attachment 15814

View attachment 15815

That ibanez rocks. What is the story behind that guitar. Can I have it?

5D30A08A-6278-490E-9B2A-AC519B9D5923-37057-0000287D6F494D65_zps5702f3cc.jpg

The blue marble w/ 2HBs
wow. You guys have way more earning power than i have... how do you swing things like that? I bought two pro guitars in my life and still own those.

Also, unlike MisterE, awesome dude who I met last year at the axe meet in holland, my wife really doesn't get why I would like to have some more, different, guitars. I didn't have a nylon string so I bought one used for 650€ two months ago and she was like "what do you need that for?" We actually play some Latin tunes with the band. She likes to hear me play, but doesn't really "get" that part.

So. Having 23 guitars of the same model... Awesome for you, but even I don't "get" that! Must be the Dutch Calvinism creeping in there. ;-D

i'd love to have a nice SC Strat, an LP, a Duesenberg as a Gretsch-type and a PRS to round off a nice little collection. Use my current superstrats as the workhorses they are... Maybe a Suhr as a replacement for my #2 that I filed a bit too much of the fretboard off during an SS refret... But I guess that would be it.

But I have a nice home with a garden... And kids.

'd love to have a nice SC Strat, an LP, a Duesenberg as a Gretsch-type and a PRS to round off a nice little collection
Sounds like a nice five year plan ;)
You're pretty awesome yourself Dutch.
Glad I finally met you.
Oh, and I got a motorbike too :D

I'm really extremely lucky.
i've got the best wife and son I could wish for.
He actually plays the geetar as well.
I told my wife I was buying geetars to save them for my son.
Sort of his inheritance.
And I have to keep buying geetars because I'm afraid he'll push me down the stairs at one time to collect his inheritance.
That's why I gave him my Warmoth Strat and I have another Larkin Strat on order :encouragement:
This is the one I gave him:
D0U-vxM0VLn0VrL1h_0JMxz_Lx9MWpbNU6oLGuogfnU=w616-h225-p-no

wow. You guys have way more earning power than i have... how do you swing things like that? I bought two pro guitars in my life and still own those.

Also, unlike MisterE, awesome dude who I met last year at the axe meet in holland, my wife really doesn't get why I would like to have some more, different, guitars. I didn't have a nylon string so I bought one used for 650€ two months ago and she was like "what do you need that for?" We actually play some Latin tunes with the band. She likes to hear me play, but doesn't really "get" that part.

So. Having 23 guitars of the same model... Awesome for you, but even I don't "get" that! Must be the Dutch Calvinism creeping in there. ;-D

i'd love to have a nice SC Strat, an LP, a Duesenberg as a Gretsch-type and a PRS to round off a nice little collection. Use my current superstrats as the workhorses they are... Maybe a Suhr as a replacement for my #2 that I filed a bit too much of the fretboard off during an SS refret... But I guess that would be it.

But I have a nice home with a garden... And kids.

I've got bad news then, I bought three more last week.

I just bought this about a month ago and I absolutely love it. It's a Gretsch Electromatic G5440LS and it's now my main axe. I am using one of Gretsch's photo's of it as every time I try to photograph mine, the lighting makes it look red. It sounds really great with some distortion and an octaver.

DV016_Jpg_Large_H86455000002000.jpg

Last edited:
My favourite Electric - My Grosh Electrajet Custom, seen here with my Mesa Boogie Mk IIC...

4438056638_7cb22346a7_b.jpg

Favourite acoustic at the moment - my Taylor Grand Symphony custom shop that I bought last week...

9111850245_06c7c68263_c.jpg

I roll with two electric guitars. Have for a while now...almost 10 years. I've bought a sold a few others in that decade, but they came and went quick. Mostly because I couldn't afford to carry more than the two I love. And love them I do. As long as I can make music with them, I'm happy. I sound like me through all the guitars I pick up. :)

Every single dollar I make from gigging goes towards gear. Our day jobs pay for everything else. There's never an argument that way and I get to spend upwards of $5-$8k/yr on gear. I am planning a really sweet custom build for this years big purchase and will likely sell a couple guitars to pull that off. The goal is 1 guitar to rule them all... And then buy 2 of them (backup).

No debt (except house), no kids, and decent jobs helps us live well within our means.

Every single dollar I make from gigging goes towards gear. Our day jobs pay for everything else. There's never an argument that way and I get to spend upwards of $5-$8k/yr on gear. I am planning a really sweet custom build for this years big purchase and will likely sell a couple guitars to pull that off. The goal is 1 guitar to rule them all... And then buy 2 of them (backup).

No debt (except house), no kids, and decent jobs helps us live well within our means.
No reason to justify to me, guys, I'm just jealous. Ever so slightly.
;D

Not at Luke, though. He's just craizeeee! ;)

I play in a Christian P&W band. Do some church services, youth evenings, stuff like that. We're lucky to get gas money.

I'm a little late to the party, but here are my 2 main workhorses.

Charvel Desolation Soloist with some mods. Alumitone humbuckers and Dunlop flush mount strap locks (amazing)... and a bit of fret filing, nut filing, re-wiring, etc.

2gi5.jpg

0niw.jpg

ESP Custom Shop

rogl.jpg

nbhl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom