Let's see your favourite guitar!

My Les Pauls have been getting most of my playing time, especially the 1994 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty I picked up about a month ago: it is the definition of fluid.

PEM-20130530-007.jpg

PEM-20130530-005.jpg

My #1 is this Gibson Les Paul R8:

R8.JPG

Closely followed by this PRS McCarty (with rosewood neck and P90s):

mccarty.jpg

Love 'em both to death!

I LOVE Ola Strandberg's work! I have one of the Strictly 7 Boden 7's, and I think the design is a work of art... Strictly 7's workmanship not so much, so I'm glad they got the other thing happening through the Washburn custom shop. I'd love the Paul Masvidal 6 signature, but I think I may just hold out a few more years and get a spec built 6 when my position comes up on Ola's list. First world problems, lol!

I LOVE Ola Strandberg's work! I have one of the Strictly 7 Boden 7's, and I think the design is a work of art... Strictly 7's workmanship not so much, so I'm glad they got the other thing happening through the Washburn custom shop. I'd love the Paul Masvidal 6 signature, but I think I may just hold out a few more years and get a spec built 6 when my position comes up on Ola's list. First world problems, lol!

I agree but there a lot of Bodens that came from S7G that was flawless sad some people some bad ones but ola is going to fix that situation

I agree I have Chris Letchford coming my way in a few weeks but the one I have is going to sold for 2,000 even

D6044162-7EB7-4D1F-BAEB-B4BCA8501BE7-28506-00000A383A9B9E60_zpsd6fdb227.jpg

Warmoth custom. Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat pickups, original Floyd with brass upgrade block, Mahogany body with Flame Maple top, Pau Ferro neck and fretboard with jumbo stainless steel frets, neck is a fatback 50's contour, Ernie Ball toggle, volume-volume-tone with coil splits, and Schaller locking tuners. It's a monster!

One of these two. But I play the carvins more.

Attachments

• 5101_full_lg.jpg
    5101_full_lg.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 3457-LG.jpg
    3457-LG.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 5101_flame.jpg
    5101_flame.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 29
I keep coming back and staring at this. I like this. I'm about to have a spare set of BKP Holydivers and your guitar has got me thinking I need to build a San Dimas style Super Strat to house them...

D6044162-7EB7-4D1F-BAEB-B4BCA8501BE7-28506-00000A383A9B9E60_zpsd6fdb227.jpg

Warmoth custom. Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat pickups, original Floyd with brass upgrade block, Mahogany body with Flame Maple top, Pau Ferro neck and fretboard with jumbo stainless steel frets, neck is a fatback 50's contour, Ernie Ball toggle, volume-volume-tone with coil splits, and Schaller locking tuners. It's a monster!

Here's my "Suhr Custom Modern". Love this guitar.

These pictures do not do this guitar justice. You don't see the "green" overtone that you see in the pictures.

Suhr 1.JPGSuhr 2.JPGSuhr 3.JPG

Specs
◦Model: Modern
◦Body Wood: Basswood w/ 3/16 Plain Maple Top
◦Neck Wood: Roasted Maple w/ Pau Ferro (light, with streaks)
◦Neck Back Shape: Modern Elliptical Custom .790-.840
◦Radius: 11-16"
◦Nut: Floyd
◦Frets: Jumbo SS
◦Bridge: Gotoh Floyd - Recessed
◦Nut Width: 1.687 inch
◦Gears: Sperzel Locking
◦Pickguard: No Pickguard - Rear Route
◦Electronics: Volume, Tone, 5-way, p/p for parallel bridge, Blower Switch
◦Neck Pickup: JST SSV Humbucker, Black
◦Middle Pickup: JST ML Single-Coil, Black
◦Bridge Pickup: JST SSH+ Humbucker, Black
◦Finish: Red Sparkle Drip
◦Paint Option: Painted Headstock Match
◦Other Options: Install Dunlop Strap Locks
◦Option 2: MOP Face, Side Dots & Logo w/ gloss headstock

This one arrived yesterday. It is the new favorite. It's a Jackson Custom Select SL2H, stainless jumbo frets, non - recessed Floyd Rose, volume knob moved back one inch, Dimarzio Super Distortion & PAF Pro pickups, oil rubbed finish on the neck, etc.

This is the last guitar I am getting - I swear!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom