Introduction thread

Hey axe team,
My name is Pete from Sydney Australia.

I play guitar for "Age of Menace".
I use Cort, ESP and Ormsby guitars in various tunings.
My last guitar processor was the Rocktron Prophecy II, and since last year I've been using BIAS from my laptop into my Rocktron power amp (for real! *shudders*).

I got turned onto Fractal from listening to Periphery and watching their YouTube Vids. It's funny because so many of my fav bands use Axe FX and I had no idea.

Axe FX has been ordered and I hope to receive it this week!

Stay cool

Hey axe team,
My name is Pete from Sydney Australia.

I play guitar for "Age of Menace".
I use Cort, ESP and Ormsby guitars in various tunings.
My last guitar processor was the Rocktron Prophecy II, and since last year I've been using BIAS from my laptop into my Rocktron power amp (for real! *shudders*).

I got turned onto Fractal from listening to Periphery and watching their YouTube Vids. It's funny because so many of my fav bands use Axe FX and I had no idea.

Axe FX has been ordered and I hope to receive it this week!

Stay cool

G'day mate and welcome! The aussie community is growing!

Hi folks
Astonishingly, I'm Bob and I play in a Scottish 3 piece covers band called double jack (you'd never have guessed;)) - I sing (sort of) and play guitar.
Been playing for about 26/27 years and played first gig in 1993 (it was horrific) - recently got an Fx 8 after having about 6 years with the boss GT series. Main rig consists on a Marshall JVM410HJS and an ibanez js24p, a les Paul gothic (2001 release), and an ibanez s570dxqm.

I also play guitar in a couple of tribute bands -
Skint lizzy- a tribute to Thin Lizzy
Irn Midden - tribute to Maiden
Done the full range of playing gigs to 3 people and a guide dog, to supporting Graham Bonnet, Thin Lizzy (in 2003), blaze Bailey, Quireboys, girlschool and a few others before we realised there was no money in playing original music and went onto doing primarily covers.

Hi everyone. I'm John Hoffman aka Hoffy. I compose chiptune music for video games but I'm also an aspiring metal-fusion guitarist who plays in a new instrumental progressive metal band, "Fragments".

I can't share anything on account of the URL rule for new members, but I'd be happy to share later down the line.

Hi everyone. I'm John Hoffman aka Hoffy. I compose chiptune music for video games but I'm also an aspiring metal-fusion guitarist who plays in a new instrumental progressive metal band, "Fragments".

I can't share anything on account of the URL rule for new members, but I'd be happy to share later down the line.

Welcome dude!

Good morning all! I'm a longtime guitar player and audio engineer. Been using PRS guitars and various Boss MFX up to and including the GT-100. Possibly about to buy an Axe-FX II and accessories locally in order to up my 'tone game' so I figured I would skulk around the forums for a bit and soak up some knowledge.
Welcome to the forum, @Brian Decker ! Skulk freely. There's cool stuff in the corners. :)

I did end up purchasing an Axe-FX Mark II and MFC-101 Mark 1 with accessories and licenses from a local seller. Been spending time integrating it with my wireless systems. Stoked to give it a go!

Greetings and salutations to all from N GA. Just joined, just bought a Axe-FX II XL+, heck, it ain't even here yet. Longtime blues bar guitar slinger, flatpicker, tube amp collector/builder/tech, sound engineer, guitar tech/builder, electrical engineer Ga Tech EE "89.

Will use my Fractal for recording myself and others in my basement studio, and also for live use. I don't gig as much as I used to, or even play as much electric guitar as I used to - I've been on a bluegrass and fiddle tune kick with my D-18 and Thompson dreads - but that may change.

When I do play a blues bar/party/restaurant gig, I usually take one of several Strats, but I have a "61 Dano for slide, and a "58 LP Special I use sometimes. Amp is usually a vintage or clone tube amp (usually a tweed Deluxe, 1966 Pro Reverb, or a Clark Tyger depending on room and expected volume level). Effects are a vintage "65 Fender reverb tank, and a tremolo stomp box for the swampy stuff - or used to be if the Fx works out. Love to have a simple rack box with everything on it, easy-peasy, with killer tone of course.

I'll initially be looking for some sounds I can call up for various styles of blues: Chicago, Texas, West coast swing, some NO funk, and on rare occasions the odd R&B, rock, and surf flavors. I'll be woodshedding with this box the next couple weeks, and reading forum threads for ideas and tips. Very interested in simple stage rigs and how folks use them. See y'all around, I reckon.

Reactions: Rex
Greetings and salutations to all from N GA. Just joined, just bought a Axe-FX II XL+, heck, it ain't even here yet. Longtime blues bar guitar slinger, flatpicker, tube amp collector/builder/tech, sound engineer, guitar tech/builder, electrical engineer Ga Tech EE "89.

Will use my Fractal for recording myself and others in my basement studio, and also for live use. I don't gig as much as I used to, or even play as much electric guitar as I used to - I've been on a bluegrass and fiddle tune kick with my D-18 and Thompson dreads - but that may change.

When I do play a blues bar/party/restaurant gig, I usually take one of several Strats, but I have a "61 Dano for slide, and a "58 LP Special I use sometimes. Amp is usually a vintage or clone tube amp (usually a tweed Deluxe, 1966 Pro Reverb, or a Clark Tyger depending on room and expected volume level). Effects are a vintage "65 Fender reverb tank, and a tremolo stomp box for the swampy stuff - or used to be if the Fx works out. Love to have a simple rack box with everything on it, easy-peasy, with killer tone of course.

I'll initially be looking for some sounds I can call up for various styles of blues: Chicago, Texas, West coast swing, some NO funk, and on rare occasions the odd R&B, rock, and surf flavors. I'll be woodshedding with this box the next couple weeks, and reading forum threads for ideas and tips. Very interested in simple stage rigs and how folks use them. See y'all around, I reckon.
Welcome to the funhouse, @jawjaplayer ! If we can let in folks from other states, I reckon we can let in a few from Jawja, too. ;)

By the way — you probably already know this, but you're in for a treat...

I hope so - I'm upgrading from a Line 6 Pod 2.0! :eek: All I ever used that for was scratch tracks and practicing into headphones.

I'm really hoping I can get dramatic tone changes between tunes to keep my tone/sound from being too one-dimensional, copping the tones of the classics, creating some new ones of my own, and generally being a better fit in an ensemble setting. Hoping to eliminate all other stomp boxes/effects with just a cord between me and the rig; simple. Ideally have a rhythm and a lead setting for many different styles.

I hope so - I'm upgrading from a Line 6 Pod 2.0! :eek: All I ever used that for was scratch tracks and practicing into headphones.

I'm really hoping I can get dramatic tone changes between tunes to keep my tone/sound from being too one-dimensional, copping the tones of the classics, creating some new ones of my own, and generally being a better fit in an ensemble setting. Hoping to eliminate all other stomp boxes/effects with just a cord between me and the rig; simple. Ideally have a rhythm and a lead setting for many different styles.
Think I'll just sit back and let the discovery unfold. :)

Hi, another newbie here, ka Heli.

I have been playing music since my youth, starting with classical music, including playing in a youth orchestra.
Later, I converted to electric guitar, because that's where my heart is. That's what i have been doing for the last 20+ years, although interrupted for a seriously long period due to RSI.

Anyway, the last years i have been playing more and more, 2 bands now, gigging again, some recording projects with friends.

I have spend a lot of time on the AxeFX the last 2 weeks - and generally like it a lot: some good sounds, some bad, some even horrible, but always a lot to tweak in the good direction. Most likely, i will get better and better sounds out of it in time.

Also one big disappointment. Although i spend 1 year reading and listening examples before i decided on getting one: i never anticipated you would not be able to truly separate the pre-amp from the power-amp model. I know, it's a no-no for a good reason, but it will make it harder to integrate the AxeFX in my current rigs, or clone sounds for recording, as i currently very much enjoy playing a tri-axis into a marshall 34 50/50.

Also a big thanks for this forum, the wiki, axechange: lots of useful information and utilities.

Happy new year!

Well I like it! Right now I am just running the AxeFX into my RME DAW via SPDIF out, and listening on my HS10 monitors. I created 5 presets: Chicago-Texas-Swing-BigTex-Lenny, as a starting point for blues gig duties. Pretty self explanatory as far as blues tones go, looking for Magic Sam on Chicago setting, Anson/Derek (not SRV) Texas blues sound, West coast swing sound a la' Hollywood Fats/Junior Watson. BigTex is a hot dual-amp SRV, and Lenny is a big clean tone. Effects are comp, drive, tremolo, rotary, reverb 1 and 2 (spring and room).

I think I can get thru a typical blues bar gig with the local crew I am part-time with. The regular guitarist is a monster player, when he can't make it, I am on call and fill in. The song list I was given is like 100 songs, LOL. Good thing I already know half of 'em! I'm a bit rusty and need to rev up my chops, and the AxeFX is really a big help rehearsing.

In these small blues gigs there is almost never a FOH or even a sound guy. Most bands, including the crew I'm with, just use the PA for vocals only, and never even bother with monitors. You just use a small amp, like a tweed Deluxe (15 Watts), DR, BJr, etc. So actually gigging with the AxeFX in a bar will be a smack in the face of tradition. My pimp hand is ready, just need to figure out an "amp" for the room. Just using the AxeFX for effects seems a waste, the whole point is I wanna shift amps for different styles and tunes. So I need something small and clean for a speaker. I may take one (or both) of my Yamaha HS10 powered monitors, and run the AxeFX into those. I have to work it out at home first.

I also got a MC6 midi controller and have been using that for a few days. I have it set up as my only pedal and can quickly select models or switch effects on and off. Really cool.

Hope everyone is having as much fun playing with their Fractals. Cheers!

Another newbie saying Hi.

Have to say the opinions and input on the forum are great, and helped me make the decision to buy an AX8 a couple of days ago.

Previously a Kemper user I was so fed up with the unit being a total pain to edit and dial-in live (direct FoH and with Cabs) but within 5 minutes of powering up the AX, loading the JVM patch and tweaking the high and low cuts I was rocking. This unit just sounds so organic it’s amazing!

Looking forward to contributing as I learn

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom