Introduction thread

Hii guys!! New member here from Norway. I’ve beet sceptical about the Axe for years after trying the Ultra many years ago. I finally took the plunge and bought one. It’s the MK 2 with the foot controller. I will be using it mostly in my studio.

Hii guys!! New member here from Norway. I’ve beet sceptical about the Axe for years after trying the Ultra many years ago. I finally took the plunge and bought one. It’s the MK 2 with the foot controller. I will be using it mostly in my studio.
Welcome, Kjetil! I think you’ll love you Axe II. But keep us posted. :)

Hello all! After going to guitar center with my wife about 2 months ago and her asking me about the multi-effects units on display (and what their pros and cons were), it got me to take a look more seriously at multi-effect units. After doing thorough research on the options available, I ended up going with the AX8 because it fit exactly my wants and was in my budget (although that required me to sell off my Fender amp and nearly all my pedals). It just arrived today and I'm so excited to start tinkering with it and getting everything ready for my first Sunday morning service in a week and a half!

Hey guys (haven’t noticed many girls here , which probably deserves a thread on it’s own...),

i’ve just ordered my very first Fractal product, the III ! Playing for many years, funk, soul, rock, acoustic steelstring, fusion... Born and raised in Amsterdam, Netherlands. I love to be musically versatile, try out stuff: I have an American Strat, Les Paul Custom from the 70-ies, a Custom Made Strat by luthier Patrick Koopman (MIDI enabled, 13 pin connector built in, guitar originally made for dutch guitarmonster and Axe artist Richard Hallebeek), a Duesenberg starplayer TV, Taylor acoustic, etc. Using models and multi effects for years: BOSS SE-70 was my first, later Pod XT, TC Nova System and Roland VG99 most of which I still use!

Now on to the Fractal adventure, already learned so much from this community, hope I can contributie as well!!!

Hi, new member here from Luxembourg, Europe who just ordered an AX8... which explains my handle.
A little about me: my name’s Mike, age 47 and I’ve always been a gear head.
I’ve played a Soldano for about 25 years as well as various vintage Fender amps with pedals in front.
I am a guitar hoarder, I have some strats, some vintage stuff (a 64 and a 73 Strat, a 1971 Telecaster) and lots of Partscasters made from Fender, Warmoth and similar parts.
For the last few months however I’ve zoomed in on my two James Tyler Studio Elites (a Burning Water and an Arctic Mint Schmear one) and I found myself playing those two almost exclusively these days.

I’ve been playing in a Melissa Etheridge tribute band for 15 years (after doing top 40 gigs and playing in various rock bands) and in April this year I joined what people rated the best looking symphonic metal band in our country. (Well rated mostly by ourselves but who cares? )

The reason why I got interested in the AX8 is that the band has a strict no amps on stage policy and mostly because my lovely and very talented female co-guitarist is using one and she sounds as great as she looks with it!
(Which answers a question that I’ve found multiple times while lurking around the forum before signing up: yes there is at least one female Fractal user out there. )

Now we wait. My AX8 will be shipped tomorrow, I hope to have it before the end of the week...... and then we’ll see.......
Oh, and thanks for having me here!

Hi, new member here from Luxembourg, Europe who just ordered an AX8... which explains my handle.
A little about me: my name’s Mike, age 47 and I’ve always been a gear head.
I’ve played a Soldano for about 25 years as well as various vintage Fender amps with pedals in front.
I am a guitar hoarder, I have some strats, some vintage stuff (a 64 and a 73 Strat, a 1971 Telecaster) and lots of Partscasters made from Fender, Warmoth and similar parts.
For the last few months however I’ve zoomed in on my two James Tyler Studio Elites (a Burning Water and an Arctic Mint Schmear one) and I found myself playing those two almost exclusively these days.

I’ve been playing in a Melissa Etheridge tribute band for 15 years (after doing top 40 gigs and playing in various rock bands) and in April this year I joined what people rated the best looking symphonic metal band in our country. (Well rated mostly by ourselves but who cares? )

The reason why I got interested in the AX8 is that the band has a strict no amps on stage policy and mostly because my lovely and very talented female co-guitarist is using one and she sounds as great as she looks with it!
(Which answers a question that I’ve found multiple times while lurking around the forum before signing up: yes there is at least one female Fractal user out there. )

Now we wait. My AX8 will be shipped tomorrow, I hope to have it before the end of the week...... and then we’ll see.......
Oh, and thanks for having me here!
Welcome aboard @Luxax ! With the help of the AX8, you will soon be as lovely as your co-guitarist. :)

hey all.....

I was a regular member between 2008 - 2016, used a 1G AxeFx until 2013, before switching to an AF2 Mk2. In summer 2017 I sold everything and stopped being a Fractalian .....until two days ago. I saw a used 1G AxeFx in a local 2nd hand, flea market for approx. 500$ in pretty good shape and thought "why not?" - I remembered the good times and the big fun I had back in the days and bought it.

FAS and I had some issues back in the days, but the past is long forgotten, so I started a new account and will post some stuff from time to time. Don't expect me being the guy I was back in my active years.

cheers, P

Greetings!

My name is Guilherme. I'm from São Paulo, Brazil.
I've been a member of the forum for just a couple weeks. So today I think it's the perfect day (for me) to make my first post, because this box has just arrived for me!

Happy holidays to you all!

o8oPxKJ.jpg

hey all.....

I was a regular member between 2008 - 2016, used a 1G AxeFx until 2013, before switching to an AF2 Mk2. In summer 2017 I sold everything and stopped being a Fractalian .....until two days ago. I saw a used 1G AxeFx in a local 2nd hand, flea market for approx. 500$ in pretty good shape and thought "why not?" - I remembered the good times and the big fun I had back in the days and bought it.

FAS and I had some issues back in the days, but the past is long forgotten, so I started a new account and will post some stuff from time to time. Don't expect me being the guy I was back in my active years.

cheers, P
Welcome back!

Hi all, just wanted to say hello to everyone and make my first post here since tomorrow I'll (hopefully) receive my AX8!

I'm from Italy and I play as a non-professional in both a jazz quartet and a post-rock/shoegaze-kind-of-thing band.

After quite a long time playing with real tube amps, a couple of years ago I decided to dive deep into the rabbit hole of digital amp modeling and little by little I've acquired a pretty good deal of confidence in using these machines (and nice results too, at least for me/my band).

Now since I've always been curious about how good these FAS units sound (and feel) comparing to other ones on the market I thought it was time for me taste a slice of this cake too :D

Hope to get up and running soon once I'll get my hands on the AX8!

Cheers!

Hi all, just wanted to say hello to everyone and make my first post here since tomorrow I'll (hopefully) receive my AX8!

I'm from Italy and I play as a non-professional in both a jazz quartet and a post-rock/shoegaze-kind-of-thing band.

After quite a long time playing with real tube amps, a couple of years ago I decided to dive deep into the rabbit hole of digital amp modeling and little by little I've acquired a pretty good deal of confidence in using these machines (and nice results too, at least for me/my band).

Now since I've always been curious about how good these FAS units sound (and feel) comparing to other ones on the market I thought it was time for me taste a slice of this cake too :D

Hope to get up and running soon once I'll get my hands on the AX8!

Cheers!
Welcome, @Phil's guitar ! Enjoy the ride. It will be a fun one.

Greetings. I'm Kyo from Japan. I own an Axe-FX II Mark II and MFC-101.

I bought them last year after III was released in Japan and lots of second-hand II were out there at more affordable prices. It had been my dream to own one since Ultra era, so I was really happy when my II arrived.

I've been a fan of Brian May for more than 15 years, and have collected guitars, AC30s, and other gears to replicate Brian's tone. Recently I'm working on Axe to get the tone I've heard from my rigs out of the Axe. I'd like to get lots of inputs from this forum and also to contribute if possible.

I bought them last year after III was released in Japan and lots of second-hand II were out there at more affordable prices. It had been my dream to own one since Ultra era, so I was really happy when my II arrived.

I've been a fan of Brian May for more than 15 years, and have collected guitars, AC30s, and other gears to replicate Brian's tone. Recently I'm working on Axe to get the tone I've heard from my rigs out of the Axe. I'd like to get lots of inputs from this forum and also to contribute if possible.
Welcome, @Kyo Gt ! There is much to discover here, and we look forward to your future contributions. I’m sure you will have something to tell us about Mr. May’s tone and gear.

Welcome!....soo...what did YOU think of the Bohemian Rhapsody film?

Welcome!....soo...what did YOU think of the Bohemian Rhapsody film?
Totally enjoyable. I thought it successfully depicted the band’s bond and Freddie’s “loneliness” as a rock star. Guitars and rigs are faithfully recreated, and I was happy to hear Brian’s new recordings as well.

Hi all ,
I am in my 50’s and trying to learn Logic and my Mac and The Fractal’s Axe And be messing with guitar for awhile but still in process of learning

Back
Top Bottom