Introduction thread

After selling my absolutely shit Line 6 Helix (OK one amp the Marshall is good with a ribbon mic but the rest are rubbish) I was going to buy a used Kemper (there are a lot around) but when after I complained I couldn't PM anyone on the forum and was told that I wouldn't be able to do that until I was a registered owner of a Kemper I made a side comment to a guy I knew saying the Nazis wouldn't let me PM anyone they banned me! Then abused me publicly when I could not respond because of the ban! Those Germans are just insane.... it's common international usage to call someone a Nazi who is inflexible and they reckon I was dragging up World War II. Fuck that I am going Fractal!

Hi all,

I just registered today to share my little story.

I bought a MFC more than 5 years ago. Recently, one of the pushbuttons broke, thus, I contacted G66 support. Long story short, I sent it to Germany for repair, and they fixed it for free within 2 days. No questions asked. They replaced the broken parts with new ones, and they sent it back to Spain at 0 cost.

I am not a famous musician, youtuber,... whatsoever. I am just an anonymous person who needed a fix in a device I purchased 5 years ago.

Needless to say, I am even prouder of owning my ultra + mfc combo now.

This post is just to thank again G66 customer support and fractal audio for being so awesome. I had to spread the word, didn't I?

I've been lurking for a while now. I've wanted one since they first came out but never pulled the trigger
That is until this last weekend. Talked with Matt and made the plunge
It is now in transit and should be here in two days. I started playing in 64 so I've had a few years to collect the amount of gear and guitars that I have. I'm assuming some of this can go but I'll wait and see because my current rig has not been changed in almost two years. That may change this Thursday.

Attachments

• Big Sky 014.jpg
    Big Sky 014.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Big Sky 007.jpg
    Big Sky 007.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_9566.JPG
    100_9566.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0020resized.JPG
    IMG_0020resized.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I've been lurking for a while now. I've wanted one since they first came out but never pulled the trigger
That is until this last weekend. Talked with Matt and made the plunge
It is now in transit and should be here in two days. I started playing in 64 so I've had a few years to collect the amount of gear and guitars that I have. I'm assuming some of this can go but I'll wait and see because my current rig has not been changed in almost two years. That may change this Thursday.

Congratulations and welcome, brother Jeff

Welcome, belleswell! One day soon, you'll have space to turn around in that room. :)

Congratulations and welcome, brother Jeff

Thanks Rex and Sukh, Glad to be here. I've got a lot of catching up to do. One thing I saw while browsing the threads this afternoon is my Ground Control Pro I've been using for my TC Electronics G-Force and Fireworx will work with the Axe. I put my name on the list for the MFC , as they're back ordered, but it's nice to know I can use the GCP in the interim.
Cheers, J

Hi. I'm Alex. I don't own any Fractal products but I've been reading about the AFX for years now but haven't been able to afford it plus the bells and whistles, and decided to get a Pod HD500x. After about a year of having it now I've been getting some good results through an active wedge and studio monitors in recording, rehearsing and playing live. This has been my first year of many years of gigging recording that I can do this now through one digital box instead of a car load of cabs and pedals. It has made life easier for me and I am happy with it.

Not to long ago I easily saved up for a nice PRS and thought to myself, since the Ax8 just hit the ground running not too long ago, I can easily see myself attaining one within a year or so. I am in no hurry, but I'll take my time, read up and pay attention to others' experiences and ask questions.

Peace

Welcome Evol. I too, had the unhurried approach since the first version appeared.
I even lurked here for a couple years before I finally took the plunge. Hoping one is
in your future.
J

Last edited:
Hi there!

After a few years of resisting GAS provoked by all the heat arround the AXE FX, mates talking about it, a lot of top players using it... First Marco Sfogli and Tom Quayle..., all the videos... Steve Vai... now Satriani! A man can only resist that much!!! ;)

Newbe owner of the Axe-FX II XL+ and the MFC101 Controller. Can't wait for it to arrive a few days from now! I really hope it delivers as expected!

Any advices on how to road test it for the first time?!

Hello, everyone, my name is Ryan, long time lurker, new AxeFx owner starting to contribute. I've been playing for about 22 years and am in Southern California. I received my AX-8 a couple of month's ago, loved it so much that I sold it to my best friend and bought an XL+. It is amazing. I have had a few "modelers", Line 6 POD, Digitech 2101, and the Roland GP-100 which I ran through a Mesa 20/20, Mesa 2:90 and an old Alesis solid state power amp through the years. I have also had a few tube heads, mostly Mesa Boogie. A Peavey that I think was a bass head, Mesa Dual Rectifier, Single Rectifier, Mark V and a Port City Pearl. The AxeFx sounded better than my Mark V straight into the effects return that it got sold right away along with the Strymon Mobius and a couple other pedals.

My current rig is: AxeFx > Port City Pearl (into the effects return) > Port City OS 2x12 Cab. My rig has never sounded so good. I also play through the Blue Lola Headphones in the evenings to keep the peace with my neighbors and wife.

I can't wait to dive in the unit more and contribute to this amazing community.

Welcome to the club, Ryan! Always good to see someone from way back in the Geep days. :)

Hello, everyone, my name is Ryan, long time lurker, new AxeFx owner starting to contribute. I've been playing for about 22 years and am in Southern California. I received my AX-8 a couple of month's ago, loved it so much that I sold it to my best friend and bought an XL+. It is amazing. I have had a few "modelers", Line 6 POD, Digitech 2101, and the Roland GP-100 which I ran through a Mesa 20/20, Mesa 2:90 and an old Alesis solid state power amp through the years. I have also had a few tube heads, mostly Mesa Boogie. A Peavey that I think was a bass head, Mesa Dual Rectifier, Single Rectifier, Mark V and a Port City Pearl. The AxeFx sounded better than my Mark V straight into the effects return that it got sold right away along with the Strymon Mobius and a couple other pedals.

My current rig is: AxeFx > Port City Pearl (into the effects return) > Port City OS 2x12 Cab. My rig has never sounded so good. I also play through the Blue Lola Headphones in the evenings to keep the peace with my neighbors and wife.

I can't wait to dive in the unit more and contribute to this amazing community.
Welcome Ryan

Welcome to planet -Fractal . Cliff and all the staff are at the top of the game in this arena of music equipment ,,always improving their products

Back
Top Bottom