Firmware 13 BETA Feedback?

I'm a tad confused too. So....the IR I shot of my own cab which I really like. Can I convert it to Ultra Res, or will I have to shoot a new IR?

I'm a tad confused too. So....the IR I shot of my own cab which I really like. Can I convert it to Ultra Res, or will I have to shoot a new IR?

IR captured and saved with the Axe-Fx will have 2048 / 42,5ms length. A coming up CabLab Version will have a "convert to UltraRes" tool, but to take advantage of them, the RAW data length have to be at least 80ms. The new 8K IR DUMP will transmit a aprox. 170ms IR to CabLab. This length max out the UltraRes advantage.

Shortly: You`ve to capture a new one.

IR captured and saved with the Axe-Fx will have 2048 / 42,5ms length. A coming up CabLab Version will have a "convert to UltraRes" tool, but to take advantage of them, the RAW data length have to be at least 80ms. The new 8K IR DUMP will transmit a aprox. 170ms IR to CabLab. This length max out the UltraRes advantage.

Shortly: You`ve to capture a new one.

Thanks, that clarifies things a lot more for my tiny brain :)

depends on how you shot it. if you did it like for example Ownhammer does and your file size is long enough, then no problem, just convert it to UltraRes.

Haven't seen whether High Res cabs are included in 13?! Or is this just something for those who pay for 3rd party IRs and /or make their own?

Sounds like a difference maker to me, I am bass conscious, that is the part of my tone I always think needs to be refined in my presets. 12.4b definitely added the ability to tighten the bass up. The new high res may be that last little bit my ears hope for. Either way, it is hard keeping up with all the new features!

depends on how you shot it. if you did it like for example Ownhammer does and your file size is long enough, then no problem, just convert it to UltraRes.

Can I assume that wave files, say from Ownhammer or Redwirez, can be converted to UltraRes and benefit from the additional data?

Terry.

Can I assume that wave files, say from Ownhammer or Redwirez, can be converted to UltraRes and benefit from the additional data?

Terry.

That's a great question as I have the original wav files from Redwire, I would like to know this as well. Looks like there are a lot of moving pieces that are thought out, but just need to be implemented. Cool stuff coming.

That's what's amazing, complete Transparency. Roland never told me squat.

I believe the latest betas dump at the longer length.

This irritates me. Does this mean, the 8K data will be stored by pressing "Save" and can be later DUMPed to CabLab? I thought you`ve that to do immediately after capturing BEFORE saving the IR in the Axe to prevent loosing the 8K RAW data?!?!?!?!
IOW: The RAW data will be saved in the AXe-Fx, so you can DUMP it later to convert in UltraRes?

Last edited:
Knowing what FAS is working on, aka their transparency, is absolutely awesome as a customer. Thanks for letting us know Beta guys and of course Mr. Fractal. I'll be giving more of my money to FAS in the future! I'm sure of it!

Back
Top Bottom