Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.03

At a given depth it’s much more of a pronounced effect than the one in the amp block for sure. I’d wager amp bias trem depth at 100% is only as pronounced as the trem block in the 25-30% depth range

Cool! It always seemed that certain amp models had more or less trem effect, some self-ducking etc based on how they were set etc, as I can guess that bias trem was actually working on the virtual output tubes of the amp model.

I've always loved the swampy nature of bias tremolo. Totally missed it on my AX8, and bought an external pedal for it. Then back to the III and it was back in the amp block (as the II), but now we've got 2 different options for bias tremolo sounds, plus now some options in placing it pre or post amp block, which is nice too.

Basically we've got everything the Flint pedal offered. Bias, harmonic and optical tremolo, and of course we've got its reverb choices covered and then some.

So many goodies here, including some earlier requests that I'll bet you thought were forgotten.. :)

I won't be at my gear to load this for a while, but I have a question:
Added “Harmonic Trem” type to Tremolo block....This effect...is full stereo and can be used before or after the Amp block without losing stereo separation.
If I read this right, you'll get a stereo image that won't be collapsed to mono by the Amp block. True? Or am I misinterpreting?

So many goodies here, including some earlier requests that I'll bet you thought were forgotten.. :)

I won't be at my gear to load this for a while, but I have a question:

If I read this right, you'll get a stereo image that won't be collapsed to mono by the Amp block. True? Or am I misinterpreting?

Me thinks you are misinterpreting. I think he just means that if you use it after the amp block you maintain stereo separation.

Fixed IR capture export not working consistently causing issues with Cab-Lab 3.

Fixed incompatibility with Live mode in Cab-Lab 3 when using Axe-Fx III as the audio interface.

Looking good on the IR Capture front! I'll be doing some heavy capturing tomorrow night after work, but I was able to actually capture some IRs with CL3 right after the firmware update. Thanks!

Fixed incompatibility with Live mode in Cab-Lab 3 when using Axe-Fx III as the audio interface.

Cab-Lab 3 Live Mode is still not working on my Axe-FX III :(

Am I missing something?

I am following the instructions from the user manual:

1. Launch Cab-Lab. For the best way to test Live Mode, load at least one IR into a Mixer Slot now.
2. On your Axe-Fx II, load a preset for use during the Cab-Lab session and BYPASS its Cab block
3. In Cab-Lab, enable Live Mode by pressing the Live Mode button
4. Choose Audio Settings from the Cab-Lab Settings menu. Select your Axe-Fx II for both the Output and Input ports. You should
now be able to hear the audio processed by Cab-Lab.
5. A TEST button in the Select Audio Device screen sends a sine tone to the outputs of your Axe-Fx II for troubleshooting.
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/cab-lab/Cab-Lab-3-Manual.pdf

The test tone is working, but there is no sound in Live Mode

Golly... no chance of someone missing the string letter/number indicator on the tuner screen now. Bonus, everyone can start a side hussle offering even the folks in the cheap seats eye exams ;)
Haven't loaded it yet since I'm not at home... Didn't see that in the release notes anywhere.

Wow thanks - this one is really nice!
Pauly

Cool! It always seemed that certain amp models had more or less trem effect, some self-ducking etc based on how they were set etc, as I can guess that bias trem was actually working on the virtual output tubes of the amp model.

I've always loved the swampy nature of bias tremolo. Totally missed it on my AX8, and bought an external pedal for it. Then back to the III and it was back in the amp block (as the II), but now we've got 2 different options for bias tremolo sounds, plus now some options in placing it pre or post amp block, which is nice too.

Basically we've got everything the Flint pedal offered. Bias, harmonic and optical tremolo, and of course we've got its reverb choices covered and then some.

Maaaaan you know what's awesome? FAS puts in this grinder boost even after talking about how it's basically a mid bump. Crossing my fingers for a DS-1 drive block. I don't think we've asked enough.

The grind sounds very cool, very Fortin =)
That input boost is one of the best new feature, I rarely use drives nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom