Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.03

It's not just presets.

Before I went Fractal I ripped apart my Gigrig G2 board because of a complete lack of bass.

Only to find my Crybaby was engaged - you only do it once (I hope!)

My nemeses has been my expression pedal. My midi controller is reading the position of the pedal, and it is turned down to about 20-25%, taking the balls out of every preset. I know to look for it now, but the first several months of Axe III ownership, it got me really flustered. The other was with the Axe II - I'd do some reamping one night, and then the next time I tried to play with my guitar, I'd get no signal. I spent 45 mins during sound check, trying to troubleshoot my midi connection and monitoring midi traffic because I was certain my controller was turning off the volume.....only to realize I still had the input set to USB!!!!

I watched a video by a user, and saw he had input one beginning his signal chain, but also had USB block in parallel, so he could re-amp and not have to change the input digitally, thereby avoiding the scenario I described. Now, I don't have that issue anymore!

It sounds like you may need to recalibrate your expression pedal with your MIDI controller. Also, you can try plugging the expression pedal into the AxeIII directly (and calibrate it).

It's not just presets.

Before I went Fractal I ripped apart my Gigrig G2 board because of a complete lack of bass.

Only to find my Crybaby was engaged - you only do it once (I hope!)
I did almost the exact thing with my Axe III a few weeks ago!. I forgot that I changed the wah in my main preset to auto-engage. My controller was in the toe down position and it popped on every time I went to that preset. I was going nuts!. After I figured it out, I added a reminder to the preset name so I wouldn't be stupid the next time.

Back
Top Bottom